• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [rom] miui4dx 1.8.19[updated 8/23/2011]

Even with the hoards of themes available? I find MIUI quite remarkable. I loaded a theme the instant I booted (wish they picked something better to copy). Seems like it's built of the earlier CM7 builds but once it gets updated, it'll be very compelling.

Yeah maybe later I will revisit it, it's not sounding too appealing right now.

Upvote 0
I used MIUI back in the beta and weekly releases for the og droid and even back then the rom was amazing for what it was. the rom is 90 megs, its fluid, you can swap themes on the fly, and the amount of themework, framework, and apps that they have put into it are amazing. the camera options and speed is great, the music player app is bad ass and I actually took the apk from the music player and was using it on cm6 back when I had my og droid. The gallery has gone through a ton of changes as well. I have actually been waiting for this rom to come to the thunderbolt, currently running slayher's cm7 build because I dont really like sense, but I cant wait for the RIL for the tbolt to be worked out for MIUI.

Upvote 0
Rom runs VERY smooth. Yes it is iphony like. but you can change through a bazillion themes on the fly. The graphics are crisp and very clean. It takes a while to learn the UI but it is a nice change. Some will like and some will not. But no one can deny that this is a whole new experience for the DX. Not just another froyo or GB rom with a few tweaks and a theme. For an initial release this runs great. MIUI has been around for a while but it finally has a home on the DX.

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
I'm really close to flashing this, I just need to know one thing from you guys that went back to CM7. All I gotta do is go into CWR wipe data and cache and then flash the latest nightly and I'm good to go right?
After I messed with I just simply restored a backup with no issues, so just flashing CM7 wont be a problem ;)

This is a nice ROM and ran smoothly and fairly fast for me. But overall I didnt like it, makes it too overly complicated to do simple things like we're use to doing them. But still a very nice ui and the themes are nice. I just prefer CM7 with a nice dark theme like Dark Ginger :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones