• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. Remembered yesterday how much I enjoyed the AOSP status bar theme on this so I was gonna go back to it from UP. Lite doesnt have my sense widgets I like so much, and Sense has the damn green highlight on the launcher with bluesky skin missing and if i install the apk it doesnt skin that. :( Im at a crossroads and it makes my heart hurt

I'm not sure which green thing you're referring to.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure which green thing you're referring to.

On the Sense version, on the home screen launcher when you click anything, it shows a green highlight on the button.

EDIT: Resolved - HD Sense + Nova Prime. Win

edit: scratch that, even with sense installed you still cant use sense widgets with another launch. Shenanigans

Upvote 0
Mobster crashed on me today (running Buttered Toast). I was in Kernel Tuner and I enabled USB OTG and the system froze up (had to pull battery). My understanding is that if it appears in Kernel Tuner, the option is enabled in the Kernel. Does Buttered Toast support USB OTG? Does Mobster HD support USB OTG? Any ideas what happened? Upon reboot, USB OTG was back to being off, so I'm not even sure the toggle took.

I'll refrain from enabling USB OTG...not something I had even planned on using...I just thought I'd turn it on for the hell of it.

Upvote 0
what is advantage of one over the other?

I happen to like sense. Others may not. If you like what sense brings to the table, go with the full version. Try both to see which you like better. Also, there is Unlocked Potential by the same Dev. Same basic ROM from what I can tell, just keeps all the HTC colors instead of the blue theme like we have with Mobster HD.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones