• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran Quadrant and here are the results:

iyfo6

Wow, your scores are much lower than mine.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if maybe you guys are seeing a Quadrant bug like we used to see with stagefright on the Optimus V.

We would see scores all over the place, and sometimes far outpacing high end phones because it was interpreting a stagefright crash as the test having ended. While that bug was fixed, there may be a similar one in play here. Also, the Triumph keeping up, to me, indicates Quadrant isn't taking advantage of the second core, or there is a bug somewhere.

Try something like Antutu or Linpack and see how they compare to the Triumph and if the scores are more tightly grouped. Linpack lets you run single or multi-process.

For comparison sake here is dirty run on Harmonia 3
(these are 3 run averages, ignoring the first run, not a fresh install and has had no recent reboots, so memory was not cleared)
Linpack multi-process - Mflops 59.5 / 2.88 seconds / 3.24 norm
Linpack single process - Mflops 35.7 / 2.33 seconds / 5.68 norm
Antutu cpu - 3367

Reactions: Mobstergunz
Upvote 0
I just hold Volume down and Power then click Recovery and BAM!!!! im in TWRP ready to flash whatever i need lol no fastboot or adb

Still booting into recovery to flash? That's so 2011! :D But seriously, 4ext is super nice. No need to boot into recovery, just configure all the changes you want to make in the app, and it does everything for you. If you really want to boot into recovery, you still can, but so far I haven't found the need. And when you are there, it doesn't feel like being in recovery, it feels like an app, with full touchscreen control. I'm pretty stingy about buying apps, (3 so far, with 4ext at $3 being my most expensive) and it's already been worth it after not even 2 weeks.

Upvote 0
Still booting into recovery to flash? That's so 2011! :D But seriously, 4ext is super nice. No need to boot into recovery, just configure all the changes you want to make in the app, and it does everything for you. If you really want to boot into recovery, you still can, but so far I haven't found the need. And when you are there, it doesn't feel like being in recovery, it feels like an app, with full touchscreen control. I'm pretty stingy about buying apps, (3 so far, with 4ext at $3 being my most expensive) and it's already been worth it after not even 2 weeks.

Are you able to flash this ROM using 4EXT?

Upvote 0
Re: quadrant scores, make sure you turn off any power savers. I'm not sure but I think, if I have the leedroid power saver on, I get a much lower score.
That very well could be part of it. I usually tune my phone to run more efficient rather than all out speed. Especially this and my last phone (Evo 4G), they run plenty fast stock, I prefer the extra battery.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones