• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed my phone tends to get a bit warm, not near the battery, but closer to the camera. I'm not sure why that is, maybe I just need to change my CPU settings. Anyone have any idea why it might do this? Didn't do it on the latest version, nor on the Midnight rom.

yeah... im getting the same thing... on power kernel with wifi on (mobile network and 4g off).... only 1 app running... not plugged in.... really weird... but gets better within 20 min or so after i stop the app...

but its not a specific app... any app can cause overheating by the cameras on my device...

Upvote 0
Uhm. I dont know what the problem is but when wifi is off, Im unable to load webpages/facebook/anything data related. Texts still work but Im not able to use web over 3g.

It worked flawlessly on midnight rom.

The obvious advice would be to do a full wipe and reflash as it doesn't seem that other people are having this issue. Are you on the 2.12 version?

Upvote 0
The obvious advice would be to do a full wipe and reflash as it doesn't seem that other people are having this issue. Are you on the 2.12 version?

I'm on the latest version as of last night. I used midnight since I got the phone and switched to this last night.

I use 4EXT Recovery. I wiped ALL partitions minus SDcard and installed the rom and that was it. I'm doing a titanium and an nand right now; going to reflash.

Upvote 0
I'm on the latest version as of last night. I used midnight since I got the phone and switched to this last night.

I use 4EXT Recovery. I wiped ALL partitions minus SDcard and installed the rom and that was it. I'm doing a titanium and an nand right now; going to reflash.

Probably a dumb question but you turned on mobile network in quick settings?

Upvote 0
How did you get the htc lock screen to work? Possible to make the weather one work? I like the senseless feel. That's the only thing i wish I had back.

This is how i did it

1. Replaced all of the HTC Apps in "HTC Mobster Rom 2.12" with the AOSP / Dark themed ones from Mobster Rom V 2.12 except AOSP Settings

2. Flashed HTC Mobster Rom

3. Went through HTC Set-up

4. Fixed Roise Dock icons to Phone, Messages, Browser, and Camera

5. Installed Holo Launcher HD from the Play Store

6. Made Holo Launcher HD the Default Launcher

7. Made and Flashed a zip to replace Sense Settings with AOSP Version

8. Customized to my liking

Thats about it After these steps you'll get Mobster Rom 2.12 with a Fully working Sense Lockscreen

**** Note I used my own personal build of HTC Mobster Rom 2.12 which leaves Mobster Rom's SystemUI and Framework untouched....... Punkmaxx's release may differ ****

- I don't use the Weather Lockscreen but my assumption is that it'll work fine

Reactions: punkmaxx
Upvote 0
I have a new favorite feature. I was using my 3500mah battery, so it took 3 days before I needed a charge, but when I plugged in the phone it didn't turn the screen on. That is really nice, since it doesn't light up the dark room when I go to bed after my wife.

Thanks for the surprise spouse friendly feature.

With all the talk about screen locks, the one thing that I have missed from the Triumph was on the lock screen. Using CM on the MT it was easy to turn off the first slide lock, when using a real lock screen. I was able to achieve this using GO Locker, but it is more of a hack than I could live with for the main security function.

It has always been an irritation to have to slide once, then unlock, when the unlock screen alone should be enough to catch the accidental power on. More so because the 3VO is harder to read in bright light than the MT was.

Sent from my 3VO via Tapatalk spellings by SwiftKey.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones