• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MODS] K3LSOMOD ROMS [updated 1-20-12] [ICS MINT THEME by PBOT Added]

i just did it again..i signed it this time,but still getting force closes in the settings..its only most of the settings..sd and phone storage,sound,location and security,(accounts and sync REBOOTS MY PHONE,lol),search,language and keyboard,voice input and output and accessibility...wireless and networks,display,applications,about phone,date and time ALL STILL WORK...i used apk manager.to decompile.then made my changes the values.xml and menu selector.xml..then i compile+sign+install..phone isnt actually plugged in to install,i just manually copy/paste to my SD.

any other ideas..or am i doing this wrong? thanks for the help reppard! and for your bad-a$$ cm7 ROM!

I would have to know specifically what you are changing. I know if you compile from source and have a malformed XML file it will stop compiling but I am unfamiliar with how package manager works. Some thing you change may require tweaking the actual source code as well(the Java files).

Upvote 0
I would have to know specifically what you are changing. I know if you compile from source and have a malformed XML file it will stop compiling but I am unfamiliar with how package manager works. Some thing you change may require tweaking the actual source code as well(the Java files).

go to this link.i am changing ONLY the popup menu,part 1f..i do EXACTLY what the guide says.FC no matter how i do it.lol i would LOOOVE to get this stupid bug worked out.such a silly error :p

Upvote 0
im not phone savvy... but when i go on my settings some of them such as my sms settings it "force closes" or sometimes im doing something on my phone and it restarts :thinking: ? ALSO it only does this when u apply a theme i tested without theme and it dont force to close but when i put the pink theme it does "force to close" on some things

yea i know.ive been searching XDA and everywhere else for answers but nothing so far..alot of people what actually know how to do this stuff dont like to give away secrets. :p so until i meet someone who can sit down and school me,its comprehensive google searches for me.:cool:

but hopefully someone has had this problem before and hopefully shed some light on this problem.

Upvote 0
Hell yea. I don't drink. So I gonna get my buzz on somehow. Lol plus I lobe the smell and taste. :p thanks again. Ill probably whip some more stuff up tonight.

Sweet. And isnt just the smell of afghan or widow while adding the weed wallpaper just delightful? Its like im really there! *looks to my right* :p

Reactions: mikekelso421
Upvote 0
hey man not to shit on your boot animation, but how the hell cn i change it?! i have tried everything from absolute system to extracting the rom and placing an animation there myself and your medalion one keeps standing strong lol. Props for that, but i would really like to put my own in there. How do i do it? I thought the animation was in system/media/bootanimation.zip, but obviously not lol

oh and another thing, in the "honeycomb-ish" theme the status bar data symbol is missing those little arrows above the 1x. I know its a silly issue but its killing me for some reason lol.

Upvote 0
hey man not to shit on your boot animation, but how the hell cn i change it?! i have tried everything from absolute system to extracting the rom and placing an animation there myself and your medalion one keeps standing strong lol. Props for that, but i would really like to put my own in there. How do i do it? I thought the animation was in system/media/bootanimation.zip, but obviously not lol

oh and another thing, in the "honeycomb-ish" theme the status bar data symbol is missing those little arrows above the 1x. I know its a silly issue but its killing me for some reason lol.

use root explorer.its located in data/local/ make sure the replacement boot animation is named " bootanimation.zip " and replace the original. i believe in absolute system there is an option to change the install location.just make sure its set to install to data/local and it should install it for you,leaving only the reboot and your done..as for the theme,i think im gonna redo that whoe honey-ish theme,it was kinda just a test theme.ill fix the themes a little bit when i get some time.i gotta finish a couple other things here too.like the music and download provider.apk's to display white test on the black status bar....soon..

Reactions: p-bOt
Upvote 0
use root explorer.its located in data/local/ make sure the replacement boot animation is named " bootanimation.zip " and replace the original. i believe in absolute system there is an option to change the install location.just make sure its set to install to data/local and it should install it for you,leaving only the reboot and your done..as for the theme,i think im gonna redo that whoe honey-ish theme,it was kinda just a test theme.ill fix the themes a little bit when i get some time.i gotta finish a couple other things here too.like the music and download provider.apk's to display white test on the black status bar....soon..

alright man thanks! no rush at all this is a really great ROM and so far i love the honeycomb theme i cant wait to see it finished. It has great battery life and it is really responsive. I changed a few things in the build.prop and i am consistantly getting a qudrant score of over 1000 which i havent been able to achieve yet. GREAT WORK MAN!

Reactions: mikekelso421
Upvote 0
Yea. My main goal for this rom is stay as stock as possible to maintain stability ,keep your battery life great,able to charge phone while its off (big problem on other roms that I've used) and most importantly I wanted this rom to be a daily driver. Just wanna theme the hell outta the thing cuz its fugly as hell stock. Lol

Upvote 0
I also can't get my Ubuntu setup correctly to start compiling from source. I'm always getting weird errors and there's no good tutorials that really explain. Google doesn't like me very much. Haha. So until I can find someone who can show me the way,I can't really add the things I want to. Once I get Ubuntu setup I can finally start trying to build my own aosp gingerbread rom for the optimus. This stuff ain't easy that's for sure. Lol

Upvote 0
I changed dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y to dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=v and added dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode = false. also increased the heap size to 32 and did other non-performance related things like vibration intensity and wifi scan interval.

lol can i get a korean translator.i dont know about that stuff.

Upvote 0
alright man thanks! no rush at all this is a really great ROM and so far i love the honeycomb theme i cant wait to see it finished. It has great battery life and it is really responsive. I changed a few things in the build.prop and i am consistantly getting a qudrant score of over 1000 which i havent been able to achieve yet. GREAT WORK MAN!

Did your phone have the reboot issue? Mine has, and I've been using this rom for about a day and a half now. It's great, but it has reboot twice already, so I'm looking to try the build.prop edit.

Oh also the build.prop has the dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y twice, and heapsize line twice, did you change both?

thanks, have a great day.

Upvote 0
this is the best rom i have tried so far. i wanted flash so bad but cm7 was really buggy and crashed alot and then i tried this i dont think i will change to another. i love the constant update and the new themes. im running the honeyish and whiteout it looks awesome!! your the man.
i am having some issue though i can not get gps to catch and everytime i try to run navigation car or maps it crashes and has to be forced closed and also same thing with gmail try starting it but just crashes. let me know if maybe i can set something another way to get it working

thanks

Upvote 0
this is the best rom i have tried so far. i wanted flash so bad but cm7 was really buggy and crashed alot and then i tried this i dont think i will change to another. i love the constant update and the new themes. im running the honeyish and whiteout it looks awesome!! your the man.
i am having some issue though i can not get gps to catch and everytime i try to run navigation car or maps it crashes and has to be forced closed and also same thing with gmail try starting it but just crashes. let me know if maybe i can set something another way to get it working

thanks

Can I ask,did you wipe everything before flashing? I suggest starting clean..wipe everything 3 times to ensure a clean install..then flash the rom. Reboot,after first reboot you can go back and flash the add ons that you choose. Gmail and maps both work for me so maybe it was a bad install or something like that.try that and let me know if it fixes the issue.

Reactions: pl4life52
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones