• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 08-10-2013

You disabled sweep to wake? :bawling:

Do you think you can make it an option in Aroma instead? I like sweep to wake :D

Actually, this could be good news...as when you had S2W enabled, you disabled the default screenshot which is (pwr+home). I understand why this gets disabled as S2W mimicks the pressing of the power button, and many times, screenshots are taken when someone does the S2W gesture.

I've found that by disabling S2W myself during the Aroma install for Buttered Toast, screenshots still work (not on your ROM as you've disabled them, but on others) and then I can re-enable S2W through Kernel Tuner, and set the endpoints as menu->search instead of home ->search.

For example, on Mobster HD, the normal screenshot works fine. If you install Buttered Toast, and enable S2W in Aroma, screenshots are disabled by the kernel. But I learned that I can disable S2W in Aroma, but then somehow re-enable it through Kernel Tuner. I tried this trick with your roms weeks ago, but it seems that you disabled the screenshot completely...and I was not able to make this work. I can however take Mobster HD, install Buttered Toast on it, disable S2W in the Aroma, but enable it back with Kernel Tuner. THis gives me the screenshots, and S2W with different end points.

So I've learned to live without the screenshot feature...sacrifcing it to use your ROM. If you take away S2W, and never re-enable screenshots, it's like a double whammy for me. :(

I have yet to upgrade to R48 as I stopped when I noticed that you disable S2W. S2W is more important for me than screenshots.

I am now going to upgrade to R48 and see if I can turn on S2W with just Kernel Tuner.

EDIT:

I'm not really sure how I am able to disable S2W during the aroma install for Buttered Toast, but then get it to work again by using Kernel Tuner. Seemed like a useful glitch to me...
My concern is that on the ROMs I've done this on, there haven't been any "hard" blocks to this sort of thing. However the fact that I couldn't get this glitch to work on your ROM indicates an active attempt by you to stop it from working. When you say you disabled S2W, does that mean I can't get it to work again even if I flash a new copy of Buttered Toast overtop your ROM?

I've learned that disabling S2W in BT install does not turn off screenshots, it lets them keep working. Somehow, even though S2W is disabled at the Kernel Level, Kernel Tuner still makes it work...go figure...

Upvote 0
Could use a little help with updating to vers. 48 OTA on HTC EVO 3D with s-on HBOOT 1.58. Originally I had uploaded version 43 and got it running without wifi working. Did a little research and for some reason or another buttered toast seems to be the issue. I downloaded the MAC Kernal reflashed the ROM and viola wifi worked. So I downloaded the recent OTA and same problem, no WIFI. Would love to have the ability to do OTA updates and not have to keep reinstalling with a different kernal. Any help or directions on how to get wifi working on the buttered toast kernal would be great. Thanks

Upvote 0
Could use a little help with updating to vers. 48 OTA on HTC EVO 3D with s-on HBOOT 1.58. Originally I had uploaded version 43 and got it running without wifi working. Did a little research and for some reason or another buttered toast seems to be the issue. I downloaded the MAC Kernal reflashed the ROM and viola wifi worked. So I downloaded the recent OTA and same problem, no WIFI. Would love to have the ability to do OTA updates and not have to keep reinstalling with a different kernal. Any help or directions on how to get wifi working on the buttered toast kernal would be great. Thanks

I've never worked with S-ON before. I got S-OFF before I started flashing. I am not 100% sure on the procedure for having S-ON when you flash ROMs...I know there are workarounds, but since I've never done them, I can't comment.

Perhaps there is something different you need to do with S-ON to make Buttered Toast work properly?

Upvote 0
You disabled sweep to wake? :bawling:

Do you think you can make it an option in Aroma instead? I like sweep to wake :D

Actually, this could be good news...as when you had S2W enabled, you disabled the default screenshot which is (pwr+home). I understand why this gets disabled as S2W mimicks the pressing of the power button, and many times, screenshots are taken when someone does the S2W gesture.

I've found that by disabling S2W myself during the Aroma install for Buttered Toast, screenshots still work (not on your ROM as you've disabled them, but on others) and then I can re-enable S2W through Kernel Tuner, and set the endpoints as menu->search instead of home ->search.

For example, on Mobster HD, the normal screenshot works fine. If you install Buttered Toast, and enable S2W in Aroma, screenshots are disabled by the kernel. But I learned that I can disable S2W in Aroma, but then somehow re-enable it through Kernel Tuner. I tried this trick with your roms weeks ago, but it seems that you disabled the screenshot completely...and I was not able to make this work. I can however take Mobster HD, install Buttered Toast on it, disable S2W in the Aroma, but enable it back with Kernel Tuner. THis gives me the screenshots, and S2W with different end points.

So I've learned to live without the screenshot feature...sacrifcing it to use your ROM. If you take away S2W, and never re-enable screenshots, it's like a double whammy for me. :(

I have yet to upgrade to R48 as I stopped when I noticed that you disable S2W. S2W is more important for me than screenshots.

I am now going to upgrade to R48 and see if I can turn on S2W with just Kernel Tuner.

EDIT:

I'm not really sure how I am able to disable S2W during the aroma install for Buttered Toast, but then get it to work again by using Kernel Tuner. Seemed like a useful glitch to me...
My concern is that on the ROMs I've done this on, there haven't been any "hard" blocks to this sort of thing. However the fact that I couldn't get this glitch to work on your ROM indicates an active attempt by you to stop it from working. When you say you disabled S2W, does that mean I can't get it to work again even if I flash a new copy of Buttered Toast overtop your ROM?

I've learned that disabling S2W in BT install does not turn off screenshots, it lets them keep working. Somehow, even though S2W is disabled at the Kernel Level, Kernel Tuner still makes it work...go figure...

You can re-enable through kernel tuner as you originally thought :)

Sor screenshots, just hold the power button and theres an option in the reboot menu :)

Also:

Just testing something, check this out

Is this something I should pursue? Give me feedback guys!

This is just fusion themed so far, so we have an idea

Screenshot_2013-03-11-09-43-07_zps153e9daf.png

It will be a theme, not in the rom.

Leave feedback in any of my threads
smile.png

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. I will do a search to see what i can find about buttered toast and S-on. Maybe that is the problem.

Are you using 4EXT recovery? That's the recovery to use if you're S-ON...but again, I don't have any knowledge about this sort of thing...I see the term "smartflash" being thrown around a lot when referring to S-ON and using 4EXT to bypass. Since this never applies to me, I don't bother reading into it and so I have no first-hand experience with any of it.

A guide will likely set you straight once they notice you're having a problem.

Upvote 0

If you use 4ext recovery or twrp touch, you can enable smart-flash(4ext) or dum-lock(twrp) to bypass security when installing. Enabling those SHOULD flash it just fine.

Upvote 0
You can re-enable through kernel tuner as you originally thought :)

Sor screenshots, just hold the power button and theres an option in the reboot menu :)

So have you deleted the standard integrated screenshot of pwr + home? I figured you did this because of S2W, and I totally understand why. I've just found that not all screenshots can be taken by holding power and then selecting screenshot from the menu.

There are some screens that GO AWAY when you hold down power. For example, if I have a notification and I pull down on the status bar...I can't take a screenshot of that notification. Holding down power, forces the status bar to go back up. There are probably other instances of this...this is just the one that comes to mind.

If you're going to disable S2W, I was hoping that you would bring back the screenshot.

As for the red theme...I say go for it...Negalite RedROM (redrum). I wouln't use it myself, but that's because I really like Blue...more soothing. "Red" fans will eat it up though :D

Reactions: negamann303
Upvote 0
So have you deleted the standard integrated screenshot of pwr + home? I figured you did this because of S2W, and I totally understand why. I've just found that not all screenshots can be taken by holding power and then selecting screenshot from the menu.

There are some screens that GO AWAY when you hold down power. For example, if I have a notification and I pull down on the status bar...I can't take a screenshot of that notification. Holding down power, forces the status bar to go back up. There are probably other instances of this...this is just the one that comes to mind.

If you're going to disable S2W, I was hoping that you would bring back the screenshot.

As for the red theme...I say go for it...Negalite RedROM (redrum). I wouln't use it myself, but that's because I really like Blue...more soothing. "Red" fans will eat it up though :D

It has been removed for quite some time. I can always re-add it :)

as for the working screenshot with s2w, it always worked fine on my rom, I just removed screenshot to save space.

Upvote 0
It has been removed for quite some time. I can always re-add it :)

as for the working screenshot with s2w, it always worked fine on my rom, I just removed screenshot to save space.

To clarify, did you have to change the endpoints of the S2W to make it work?

I can't ask you to add it back, I wouldn't feel right about doing that. I assumed you cut it so that S2W worked without having to change the end points, I didn't know you did it to save space. If you do add it back, can it be an Aroma option so that others don't have to accept it if they don't want it?

Are you saying that on your ROM, you can have S2W work with the default endpoints, and screenshots work too? Will your ROM interpret my sweep to sleep gesture as a screenshot? If not, how is this?

Upvote 0
if I enable sweep2wake in kernel tuner then uninstall kernel tuner will the settings stick. I prefer no frills

You can without using kernel tuner. Just go to /system/etc/init.d/ there is a file sweep2wake. Change it from 0 to 2 and reboot.

To clarify, did you have to change the endpoints of the S2W to make it work?

I can't ask you to add it back, I wouldn't feel right about doing that. I assumed you cut it so that S2W worked without having to change the end points, I didn't know you did it to save space. If you do add it back, can it be an Aroma option so that others don't have to accept it if they don't want it?

Are you saying that on your ROM, you can have S2W work with the default endpoints, and screenshots work too? Will your ROM interpret my sweep to sleep gesture as a screenshot? If not, how is this?

I'll be glad to add it as an option. From what I remember, it worked. Guess we will find out :)

Reactions: deadlydreamer
Upvote 0
I'm still on r45 and like 10 minutes away from updating to r48 but I just discovered more green as I was downloading it using the OTAUpdater app and after it downloads it pops up 2 options for formatting data and cache. The check marks are green. :)

I'm just letting you know in case you missed it. I absolutely love the great job you're doing on this ROM. It's amazing!

Upvote 0
You can without using kernel tuner. Just go to /system/etc/init.d/ there is a file sweep2wake. Change it from 0 to 2 and reboot.

I'll be glad to add it as an option. From what I remember, it worked. Guess we will find out :)

I can assure you, I'll be ALL OVER testing this out. I am delighted to know that I can have S2W and the default screenshot back :D

I fully expect to have to change the end points for S2W to work without taking a screenshot instead. It could complicate things for people who don't know about how S2W works which is why I was hesitant to ask you to add it.

Since you've had screenshots disabled for a long time, people may end up taking screenshots instead of turning off the screen when they enable sweep to wake with the default end points.

Upvote 0
I can assure you, I'll be ALL OVER testing this out. I am delighted to know that I can have S2W and the default screenshot back :D

I fully expect to have to change the end points for S2W to work without taking a screenshot instead. It could complicate things for people who don't know about how S2W works which is why I was hesitant to ask you to add it.

Since you've had screenshots disabled for a long time, people may end up taking screenshots instead of turning off the screen when they enable sweep to wake with the default end points.

I do remember reading about the issue in the kernel forums.

If we do have an issue, I'll just put a few second delay on screenshot

Upvote 0

What about the other default integrated screenshot of pwr + vol down? If you added that back, it would keep s2w working without modification.
I must admit though, I've never gotten this to work reliably even on the stock rom.

What would happen with the delay? Could it still take the shot with the screen off ? The delayed screenshot is something I'd prefer to avoid. Is there anyway to write a simple series of if/then statements that disable screenshots for 1 second?
So IF search, back, and menu are hit in succession, disable screenshots for 1 second. Please forgive my ignorance. I don't know how s2w interprets the gesture, so this may be impossible. Does the Rom see each of those buttons being pressed in a short period of time? Or does the kernel intercept the gesture and convert it to the action of pressing power before the sending it to the rom?

Upvote 0

The built-in screenshot can be enabled/disabled in build.prop but requires an app and a lib module to work.

I found this post with a flashable zip to install the files, but the build.prop would still need to be edited if that parameter is missing or disabled. The files should also be updated from the ICS build since that mod is for a GB ROM.

Perhaps enabling the native screenshot could be a flashable zip for those users that want it.

Edit: Just to elaborate a bit, if the build.prop parameter is set to enable by default I don't think it will do anything if the required files aren't there, so just flashing the two files required should enable it for people that want to use the native screenshot feature.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
just got home and downloading r48. and my new 32gb class 10 sd card just came in the mail B-)
on another note as soon as you get tv out working I'm donating $10 to help support the development
I've tried all other roms and and its like with this one you read my mind lol just perfect

EDIT: everything is working perfectly. I don't know what you did but the TVs out is fixed :-D yay
No more jumping around backups. All I need now is a donate link ;-)

Upvote 0
Was working good until bootlooping..

Explain what caused the bootloop? What were you doing? what mods/theme did you flash? did you start fresh, or restore data from a different rom? What kernel option did you choose?

Guys remember, you have to tell us these kinds of things so we can solve your issues.

Upvote 0
A new version of Negalite eh? I think its time to flash this r48.
aumCO.gif

The last one I tried was r30 something.

Edit: I now have r48 up and running. The pluses are for the most part the same as before, very fast and responsive, nice splash screens, the theme is growing on me. I can see why this rom is popular. On the negative my phone does not seem to charge at all when it is plugged in and being used, in fact the charge still goes down though very slowly (took about an hour to go down 1%). I have fast charge on. Only when I turn the screen off and leave the phone alone does it charge. The phone still runs a bit hot, I might step down to the 1.4Ghz option next flash. I keep getting a pop up telling me Google play service has stopped. This will occur after I update or install an app, it also also occurs randomly when using other apps. Maybe the Titanium restore has something to do with this. Yes I still use Titanium, I paid for it might as well use it, also no other roms I have used seem to have issues with it.

Upvote 0
I keep getting a pop up telling me Google play service has stopped. This will occur after I update or install an app, it also also occurs randomly when using other apps. Maybe the Titanium restore has something to do with this. Yes I still use Titanium, I paid for it might as well use it, also no other roms I have used seem to have issues with it.

I'm on R45, and I get that same Google Play error. I've also been experiencing some issues with 4G turning on. I am currently trying to figure out why my logcat isn't working. It creates empty txt files, and if I am not mistaken, doesn't it start populating the screen with logs as soon as it's running? I am sitting here looking at a blank screen with a circle that keeps going round and round and no entries are showing up. I tried it with two different log cat apps and I can't seem to capture any logs.

Does the ROM have to "give" the logs to the log app, or can the app just take them? I am wondering if BluROM has an issue sharing the log info with cat log.

EDIT: I really wanted to capture a log of the 4G issue, but I am confident that a reboot will fix any issues. The problem is, that will also make logging the issue harder as it will have to reproduce itself again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones