• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Number Two (#2) v3.0.1 {ZVE}

Hey meow
I don't know what the hell happened.
My battery went dead last night and I put it on the charger and fired up and it went into boot loop.
Wiped everything and perm fix and still loopy
Could not recover.... had to reflash 2.62
Am I the only one?

Mine died last night but I did the same thing and no loopy.. You had a bad Christmas miracle it sounds..

Upvote 0
I've been having an issue with not being able to access Mobile Networks from Settings > Wireless > Mobile Networks for the past few months. Every time I try to access it, to toggle data on/off, it crashes and gives me a "Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Needless to say, trying again does not fix the issue. But now, today, the phone has been freezing on that error screen. I've had to remove the battery to be able to restart the phone.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a solution?

I posted this problem here, hoping I wont have to start a new thread, because I've only used #2 for the past several months.

ZVD - 2.6.2 (but has been happening since 2.4) - Dover's sangwhich theme. Also happened with Fuzzy's JB theme and Shiny's Cyan theme.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I've been having an issue with not being able to access Mobile Networks from Settings > Wireless > Mobile Networks for the past few months. Every time I try to access it, to toggle data on/off, it crashes and gives me a "Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Needless to say, trying again does not fix the issue. But now, today, the phone has been freezing on that error screen. I've had to remove the battery to be able to restart the phone.

I posted this problem here, hoping I wont have to start a new thread, because I've only used #2 for the past several months.

ZVD - 2.6.2 (but has been happening since 2.4) - Dover's sangwhich theme. Also happened with Fuzzy's JB theme and Shiny's Cyan theme.

Thanks.

Do you have these problems when running 2.62 unmolested? (No themes or mods added)

I was having miscs fc issues running the rom. Fc play store. Fc you tube. Fc this fc that.
I cannot blame the rom though... because I prematurely started adding mods/theming. Can't diagnose a prob when you start adding potential probs on top.

When installing a new rom....
GIVE YOUR NEW ROM A COUPLE DAYS TO SETTLE IN B4 molesting it :)

Let us know what's up.

Thank you come again

Upvote 0
Do you have these problems when running 2.62 unmolested? (No themes or mods added)

I was having miscs fc issues running the rom. Fc play store. Fc you tube. Fc this fc that.
I cannot blame the rom though... because I prematurely started adding mods/theming. Can't diagnose a prob when you start adding potential probs on top.

Let us know what's up.

Thank you come again

Just reflashed 2.6.2 unmolested. Got a YouTube fc upon initial boot. No biggie, I know how to fix that. So far I've been able to toggle data on and off. I'll take your advice and wait a while before I begin molesting it one mod/theme at a time. I'll check if I can access the data toggle after each install. Thanks, Dover.

Upvote 0

Thanks.

Let us know what's up.

Thank you come again

I think I've found the problem. It FC'd again after flashing Shiny's Data Governor Remover.

I flashed 2.6.2, Dover's Sangwich theme, Stock Fonts, CameraMod, Shiny's ICS-JB Avy MMS and Pimp My Rom one at a time. Each time checking to see if the problem came back. Each time was negative. But now after the Governor Remover, it FC'd. I believe the problem has been found.

*Edit* A data enabler widget should solve my problems and still let me use the Data Governor Remover. Installing the widget now.

Upvote 0
I think I've found the problem. It FC'd again after flashing Shiny's Data Governor Remover.

I flashed 2.6.2, Dover's Sangwich theme, Stock Fonts, CameraMod, Shiny's ICS-JB Avy MMS and Pimp My Rom one at a time. Each time checking to see if the problem came back. Each time was negative. But now after the Governor Remover, it FC'd. I believe the problem has been found.

*Edit* A data enabler widget should solve my problems and still let me use the Data Governor Remover. Installing the widget now.
now that there is many many mods in this rom since the data governor tweak came out, it may have to be re-made for the rom due to an alteration of that specific file ported into my rom and NOT in the gvnr mod :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones