• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Party Time JB 3.0.X

Wonder if you have any mod on the build.prop, especially on lcd density?

Is it save to mod this "ro.sf.lcd_density=240" to 200 or 160 to increase screen estate? I already made a backup, if the mod failed regular boot, can I boot into recovery and restore?

I got this phone last xmas. Without even recovery, I modded the lcd density using a 3rd party app, and the phone bricked. I had to ship it back for repair :( . And one year later, I am so tempted to try again. Can one still boot into recovery and restore if the build.prop mess up? I have recovery installed now,...

TIA,

bun

you'll be fine...but why decrease screen density?

Upvote 0
Decrease screen density increase screen estate, kind of like on your desktop PC, resolution changed from 640X480 to 1024 X 800 to 1920 X 1280. Change lcd density from 240 to 200, google news will increase display from 10 lines to 16 lines, or a search results will see 6 lines to 9 lines without having to scroll. It is a personal preference. Some people like to see large icon and scroll, I prefer seeing smaller icon and avoid scrolling. Pic attached.

bun

Upvote 0
Decrease screen density increase screen estate, kind of like on your desktop PC, resolution changed from 640X480 to 1024 X 800 to 1920 X 1280. Change lcd density from 240 to 200, google news will increase display from 10 lines to 16 lines, or a search results will see 6 lines to 9 lines without having to scroll. It is a personal preference. Some people like to see large icon and scroll, I prefer seeing smaller icon and avoid scrolling. Pic attached.

bun

Got it, i was under the impression it had the opposite effect, that's why i was confused haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones