• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][PORT][ALPHA] MIUIv4 ICS Port | Weekly Update: 2.6.1 | Version: 0.9.0

This rom = sex. Just a question. It says for all my downloads that it requires Wi-Fi. Where in settings do I change that? I couldn't find it.

Edit: Found that portion. Lets see here...I like this ROM, but just a few questions:

1) Phone is running awesomely, but it will randomly reboot. Is that just a thing with MIUI? Not the first MIUI I've noticed. Its tolerable, because its happened once since I flashed it, and I was doing a lot of heavy usage.

2) Phone will unlock in my pocket. Is there a setting? Or should I just choose a different lockscreen?

3) Thought of number 3: Soft buttons are dim. Not that its a big deal, but just wondering if its my phone or not. It could be, because the vibrate motor kinda...sucks. Unless the soft keys change brightness, which is also possible, and i could just have missed that.

4) Toggles. Like Airplane mode, data, automatic brightness. They don't seem to work.

Upvote 0
This rom = sex. Just a question. It says for all my downloads that it requires Wi-Fi. Where in settings do I change that? I couldn't find it.

Edit: Found that portion. Lets see here...I like this ROM, but just a few questions:

1) Phone is running awesomely, but it will randomly reboot. Is that just a thing with MIUI? Not the first MIUI I've noticed. Its tolerable, because its happened once since I flashed it, and I was doing a lot of heavy usage.

2) Phone will unlock in my pocket. Is there a setting? Or should I just choose a different lockscreen?

3) Thought of number 3: Soft buttons are dim. Not that its a big deal, but just wondering if its my phone or not. It could be, because the vibrate motor kinda...sucks. Unless the soft keys change brightness, which is also possible, and i could just have missed that.

4) Toggles. Like Airplane mode, data, automatic brightness. They don't seem to work.

1.) This ROM is awesome. Mine kept rebooting as well but then I flashed back to GB and it kept rebooting there also. I did a 'wipe cache' and 'factory reset' then reloaded the ROM and it seems fine now. Thanks Austrie for this great ROM! This is the first update that I use as a daily driver. I eagerly await the next update(s). Thanks for all of your hard work and thanks to everyone who helps.

Upvote 0
I'm getting both of these after flashing. The "Authentication was unsuccessful..." in the notification bar, and not being able to sign in to my Google account.

Screenshot_2012-05-23-01-55-18.png

Upvote 0
I must say I am wonderfully surprised by this rom. Even as an alpha, it's pretty amazing. Before this, I was using the latest update of g60 madman's CM7 rom and I was not happy with it at all. I would go from 100 to 15 percent battery life just from 9am to 1pm and could not connect to the home wifi - if it happen to work, I would get disconnected randomly and not be able to connect again. Plus the random reboots were really just the end of that rom for me.

This rom, on the other hand, is wonderful! In the past hour and a half it's only used 1 percent of battery, I connected to the wifi automatically and have had no problems or complaints since flashing. The only drawback is of course the camera not working - but honestly, the camera was so bad on the other rom's I've tried that I'm really not even worried about it right now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones