• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][PORT] Sharp ROM 2.2.2 for the Triumph (Updated: 12/16/12)

I think I may be on to something. I found out that there are 2 versions of the phone, Taiwan and China. I think I stumbled on to a modded Taiwanese version of the ROM. I got it to boot after some tinkering, but it won't get past the lock screen, just reboots.

The instructions to the SSL I think are in the fastboot files. Like I said think it is not to do with actual ROM or combination of both. but staying enabled stay separate from ROM. as in what I typed before about check mark there and not. if you make a copy of the amss.mbn from fastboot and imagefile. Then drag and drop it into plain text search for text SSL. In hurry to get out door and getting evil eyes from everybody but this copied from different parts of the amss.mbn. don't know what it is thought throw it out incase it helps.

[FONT=&quot]Z:\M7630AABBQMAZM2030\AMSS\products\7x30\core\securemsm\ssl\src\secssltx.c
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]RDM_DATA_SRVC failed Assertion rdm_cb_params.srv_requester
SSL: Activating server ciphersuite[/FONT]

Reactions: BSydz
Upvote 0
I have been using this ROM since it first came out and I am loving it. I am now on ver 4 .The last couple of weeks ,I have been having sleep of death issues. Every now and again, the phone refuses to wake up after going to sleep. I then have to do a battery pull and power it up again. It happened on ver 2 and has continued over in ver 4. I initially thought it was a problem with Beautiful Widgets, which I uninstalled. But the issue still remains. I am also noticing that turning GPS on kills my radio signal-both data and voice. Anybody else having these issues ?

Upvote 0
I have been using this ROM since it first came out and I am loving it. I am now on ver 4 .The last couple of weeks ,I have been having sleep of death issues. Every now and again, the phone refuses to wake up after going to sleep. I then have to do a battery pull and power it up again. It happened on ver 2 and has continued over in ver 4. I initially thought it was a problem with Beautiful Widgets, which I uninstalled. But the issue still remains. I am also noticing that turning GPS on kills my radio signal-both data and voice. Anybody else having these issues ?

If wifi is on and not connected (like when driving) and gps is on I lose data as well. With wifi off and gps on my data works fine. I haven't had any sleep of death issues yet, although I've only been using this rom for 3 days.

Reactions: BSydz and viskon
Upvote 0
If wifi is on and not connected (like when driving) and gps is on I lose data as well. With wifi off and gps on my data works fine. I haven't had any sleep of death issues yet, although I've only been using this rom for 3 days.

Yep. Having wifi on but not connected , and turning GPS on kills my radio signals. GPS and the radios work fine with wifi turned off. Thanks frescokid !

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. For me it doesn't kill my radio signals. It does look like it knocks it down to 1x sometimes. In the framewoek-res it has icons for cdma, gsm, 4G, 3G, roaming, and others. But it just shows the regular 3G in the phone icon, and just like the Triumph when you use 3G it pops out the 3G icon but never shows signal for 3G. The 1x is the phone radio, and should never completely break. I attached some icons to give you an idea. So, you really can't trust the 3G signal icons too much as it should show it as cdma or evdo, but it recognizes it as just regular not roaming service. Sorry it's a little confusing.

I have never had the sleep of death problem on my phone on any ROM. Those people that have it may want to mess with the power button when it happens, just a thought. I've only seen a few poeple that have that problem.

I use factory widgets SenseClockDark, I've never used beautiful widgets.

Attachments

• stat_sys_signal_0_cdma.png
    stat_sys_signal_0_cdma.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 397
  • stat_sys_signal_2_wimax.png
    stat_sys_signal_2_wimax.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 360
  • stat_sys_signal_evdo_2.png
    stat_sys_signal_evdo_2.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 389
  • stat_sys_r_signal_3.png
    stat_sys_r_signal_3.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 366
  • zzz_stat_sys_3gand1x_signal_r_22.png
    zzz_stat_sys_3gand1x_signal_r_22.png
    3 KB · Views: 369
Reactions: viskon and mstech
Upvote 0
The instructions to the SSL I think are in the fastboot files. Like I said think it is not to do with actual ROM or combination of both. but staying enabled stay separate from ROM. as in what I typed before about check mark there and not. if you make a copy of the amss.mbn from fastboot and imagefile. Then drag and drop it into plain text search for text SSL. In hurry to get out door and getting evil eyes from everybody but this copied from different parts of the amss.mbn. don't know what it is thought throw it out incase it helps.

[FONT=&quot]Z:\M7630AABBQMAZM2030\AMSS\products\7x30\core\securemsm\ssl\src\secssltx.c
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]RDM_DATA_SRVC failed Assertion rdm_cb_params.srv_requester
SSL: Activating server ciphersuite
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]OK back on for a sec as getting ready for big needed long vacation though I would throw some things out. take it or leave it on the info. from what I posted previous to the amss.mbn. this portion of it
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Z:\M7630AABBQMAZM2030\AMSS\products\7x30\core\secu remsm\ssl\src\secssltx.c"

M7630AABBQMAZM2030 is the build ID .... it's a froyo_pumkin branch
https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/froyo_pumpkin

secssltx is the radio source

I wonder if this file
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]amss.mbn[/FONT][FONT=&quot] has something to do with not getting ICS and gingerbread fully working and firmware. Does anybody know? If I am wrong please say so I'd like to learn. I am not a developer but maybe someday when I have time. This interests me. BSydz, you said you couldn't get Sharp gingerbread to work can you get fastboot files from that phone and OS version and compare. [/FONT]

Upvote 0
[/SIZE] [FONT=&quot]OK back on for a sec as getting ready for big needed long vacation though I would throw some things out. take it or leave it on the info. from what I posted previous to the amss.mbn. this portion of it
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Z:\M7630AABBQMAZM2030\AMSS\products\7x30\core\secu remsm\ssl\src\secssltx.c"

M7630AABBQMAZM2030 is the build ID .... it's a froyo_pumkin branch
https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/froyo_pumpkin

secssltx is the radio source

I wonder if this file
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]amss.mbn[/FONT][FONT=&quot] has something to do with not getting ICS and gingerbread fully working and firmware. Does anybody know? If I am wrong please say so I'd like to learn. I am not a developer but maybe someday when I have time. This interests me. BSydz, you said you couldn't get Sharp gingerbread to work can you get fastboot files from that phone and OS version and compare. [/FONT]
I have every file for the Sharp phone, they use an .nb0 file that contains all of the data. It writes something to our 3rd partition, but it is unreadable. That is what is stopping us from using the Sharp kernel. it needs an updated baseband. If you read this you will know basically everything you need to know about why 2.3.5 and other X6 variant ROMs won't work on our phones.

Reactions: mstech
Upvote 0
for some reason im in this weird boot loop....i installed v2 then flashed v4 over it without wiping....then when i boot....it shoes the bRom animation....and the phone just restarts into the splash image into the bRom animation again...this continues..help??

edit: nvm i think i know y now...checking to see if it works..also...i thought this was init.d supported? i dont see a init.d folder...am i suppose to make one?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. For me it doesn't kill my radio signals. It does look like it knocks it down to 1x sometimes. In the framewoek-res it has icons for cdma, gsm, 4G, 3G, roaming, and others. But it just shows the regular 3G in the phone icon, and just like the Triumph when you use 3G it pops out the 3G icon but never shows signal for 3G. The 1x is the phone radio, and should never completely break. I attached some icons to give you an idea. So, you really can't trust the 3G signal icons too much as it should show it as cdma or evdo, but it recognizes it as just regular not roaming service. Sorry it's a little confusing.

I have never had the sleep of death problem on my phone on any ROM. Those people that have it may want to mess with the power button when it happens, just a thought. I've only seen a few poeple that have that problem.

I use factory widgets SenseClockDark, I've never used beautiful widgets.

In my case, with wifi on but not connected, and with GPS on, I don't even get the 1x icon. I get the four grey bars with a cross on top.

Upvote 0
for some reason im in this weird boot loop....i installed v2 then flashed v4 over it without wiping....then when i boot....it shoes the bRom animation....and the phone just restarts into the splash image into the bRom animation again...this continues..help??

edit: nvm i think i know y now...checking to see if it works..also...i thought this was init.d supported? i dont see a init.d folder...am i suppose to make one?

I ran into this at first, too. you have to let V2 boot fully before flashing V4 over it.

Upvote 0
I've got a noob question. :D

I guess this ROM has really great GPS locking capabilities so I want to try it out. And since this theme is deodexed, does that mean I can use CM7-ish styles, even though this is Froyo?

Edit - I flashed this ROM and I love it already. On my other ROMs I lock about 1 GPS after a minute or two, and then lose lock after a few seconds. Accuracy to 2000 meters. With this ROM I get locked on about 9 satellites in about 30 seconds even when I'm inside, and accuracy to a few feet. I thought the GPS on my phone was completely broken, but this ROM proved me wrong.

It's also super fast with Go Launcher EX. Just waiting to learn how to customize the theme on it now.

Upvote 0
Ok I have to say something. GPS on my phone is terrible. Even with this ROM. Especially with this ROM.

Is there something I'm not doing right? What server/port am I supposed to use?

This is driving me crazy. I'm sorry if I come off like I'm ranting, I have been up all night looking up servers and stuff to no avail.

Upvote 0
Ok I have to say something. GPS on my phone is terrible. Even with this ROM. Especially with this ROM.

Is there something I'm not doing right? What server/port am I supposed to use?

This is driving me crazy. I'm sorry if I come off like I'm ranting, I have been up all night looking up servers and stuff to no avail.

All I did was enable "use gps satellites" and "use assisted gps" in the location & security settings menu. I didn't mess with any agps settings or gps ephemeris auto download. I get locks in seconds to within 5 meters

Upvote 0
This ROM is just great, everything is very smooth, GPS locks within 5 seconds indoors (which took minutes outside). But my Camera crashed. It FC. is anyone else experiencing. I've reinstalled this room 3 times with complete wipes. but its still not working. Can anyone help me. I totally love this room but would like camera to work. Thank you for your work!

Upvote 0
This ROM is just great, everything is very smooth, GPS locks within 5 seconds indoors (which took minutes outside). But my Camera crashed. It FC. is anyone else experiencing. I've reinstalled this room 3 times with complete wipes. but its still not working. Can anyone help me. I totally love this room but would like camera to work. Thank you for your work!

I've had no issues with the camera. I've used the stock camera, camera zoom fx, and camera 360 with no problems

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me where to find the boot sound file? I would like to overwrite it, but I cannot find it anywhere.
I just spent a while trying to make a flashable zip to put in the MODs section but nothing I did would work, I rewrote the updater script 5 times and it looked like it worked but still sound on boot. I had to use root explorer and follow these instructions, http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/380511-how-silence-boot-ups-shut-downs.html, the flashable zip on that page did not work for me either.
It is located here /hidden/data/Power-on sound/.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones