• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][PORT] Sharp ROM 2.2.2 for the Triumph (Updated: 12/16/12)

Updated OP with Ver3. I got MMS sending but still not receiving properly, and made a few tweaks here and there. Let me know if I broke anything along the way. I'll be working on the MMS when I get some time this weekend.

Edit: You should be able to flash this over Ver2, but I have not tested with any other versions.

Flashed over ver 2. Everything seems to be working ok. I was able to successfully send an mms.

Thanks again, BSydz!

Reactions: BSydz
Upvote 0
Well I got the MMS situation resolved. Need some people to test and make sure I didn't break anything. I will be focusing on getting the voicemail issue resolved and a few other small things. I want to try to get all the Sharp gingerbread apps and launcher to work on this, not just a theme, that will be my next project.

Upvote 0
Well I got the MMS situation resolved. Need some people to test and make sure I didn't break anything. I will be focusing on getting the voicemail issue resolved and a few other small things. I want to try to get all the Sharp gingerbread apps and launcher to work on this, not just a theme, that will be my next project.

You rock! this is shaping up to be a great rom option.

-MMS
-Deep Sleep with WiFi
-Full Camera functionality
-Bluetooth
-Fast GPS Lock
-Wifi Hotspot?

Can't think of a good reason to stay with a cyanogen7 gingerbread

Upvote 0
hey i am getting bootloops. i wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache, then flashed the rom V4. i used TWRP recovery.
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I was so happy that I fixed it, that I forgot to fully test the ROM. Just tried a fresh install of Ver4 and Ver3 with CWM and it did boot loop, so it is probably not TWRP. For now, you can Install Ver2, let it boot, then flash Ver4 over it, with out wiping anything. I'll look in to the cause and try to get it fixed asap. I'll edit the OP right now.

Upvote 0
You rock! this is shaping up to be a great rom option.

-MMS
-Deep Sleep with WiFi
-Full Camera functionality
-Bluetooth
-Fast GPS Lock
-Wifi Hotspot?

Can't think of a good reason to stay with a cyanogen7 gingerbread
Thanks, I think the only thing left that bugs me is the *86 voicemail issue.

There is a dirty fix for that though, just start off with a fresh install of this Modified Stock Triumph Deodexed ROM, let it fully boot. To be sure the fix sticks send yourself a voicemail before or while the Stock ROM is installed, but don't get the message until you flash back to the Sharp ROM without wiping anything.

Like I said it is a dirty fix but it works and I have seen no ill effects. I will see what I can do to track down the issues and get them figured out. I'm thinking about trying to get the activation and a few other things to work, I know the framework like the back of my hand now.

Upvote 0
This rom is amazing. props. I tried the assisted gps next to a triumph running re-imagined MIUI 2.3, and indoors after 30 seconds my phone had a lock and was navigating while after a minute MIUI still couldn't get a lock. This is the first rom where I have been able to get a lock indoors without putting my phone right next to the window.

I am running the latest version 2.1 tweaked by mobsterguns. I am very confused though with all the versions out there. Can I flash the new version 4 over it or is is not compatible since I'm on the mobster version?

Upvote 0
This rom is amazing. props. I tried the assisted gps next to a triumph running re-imagined MIUI 2.3, and indoors after 30 seconds my phone had a lock and was navigating while after a minute MIUI still couldn't get a lock. This is the first rom where I have been able to get a lock indoors without putting my phone right next to the window.

I am running the latest version 2.1 tweaked by mobsterguns. I am very confused though with all the versions out there. Can I flash the new version 4 over it or is is not compatible since I'm on the mobster version?
Thanks. I know the versions are a little confusing, That is why I added the dates to the ROM descriptions, and the short explanation. I have done all of the work on my releases, and know what all has changed, but I don't know what all Mobstergunz changed except the change log he sent me. I don't really care about overclocking or underclocking, so I have just been running my releases and testing and picking at the issues. I did just flash Ver4 over Rev2.1(using TWRP), you should be able to flash Ver4 over his release, but I can't promise anything.

I installed Stock Sharp Triumph Froyo Deodexed Trim then installed V3 over it and it works. I'm not sure about V4 I haven't tried it yet. I can confirm that V3 does work though. It just doesn't install by itself. great ROM BTW :)
Thanks for the feedback. I just switched to TWRP and Ver2 boots fine with a fresh install. Ver4 is built off Ver3 that is why I tested it after I read your post.

Thanks to everybody for all the feedback, it is nice to have a solid fully functioning ROM for our phones even if it is a little bit of a pain to install. :D

Reactions: beaviskob1
Upvote 0
You just made an awesome contribution to those of us too inept to try any developing! I may still switch to EVO someday but this ROM makes it less necessary for me. I will try the dirty load to be perfect :).

I did go over 2.5 gig for the first time to be throttle but that was because a map prog kept crashing during download.

They say EVO 4g rocks (no limits for now) but 3 bills is three bills, wife lost job and I am on disability for back surgery so Thank you AGAIN!

Upvote 0
I have tried almost every single ROM in this forum and I have to say that this is probably the best ROM! :D Here are 3 things I think would make this rom better
Themes
Smoother Transitions on home screen (feels a bit slow)
Power Notification Widgets (maybe? they are pretty handy)
these are some of my suggestions I am very pleased with this ROM and I am really looking forward to future updates.

Upvote 0
I have tried almost every single ROM in this forum and I have to say that this is probably the best ROM! :D Here are 3 things I think would make this rom better
Themes
these are some of my suggestions I am very pleased with this ROM and I am really looking forward to future updates.

The only thing i miss is the power widget in the notification dropdown. Not a big deal, though, since I have downloaded the Go Power Widget and it works fine.

Upvote 0
Themes
The only thing i miss is the power widget in the notification dropdown. Not a big deal, though, since I have downloaded the Go Power Widget and it works fine.
Damn, this is smooth
Nice. Glad to see you got more stuff working Bsydz. Haven't been around these threads in a little while but this ROM is looking good.
Thanks, I think all of the issues, that have been found, have been addressed, I am pretty sure that with the "Dirty Install" there is nothing that doesn't work except FM but I'm beginning to think we have a different bluetooth chip considering I had to use the stock Triumph kernel, modified a bit, to get bluetooth working. And bluetooth and FM are the same chip. But it is crazy because I didn't swap drivers just the kernel.

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I'm gonna sit back and let the system run for the next week and see if I can find any bugs. If I don't then I'll see what I can do about the widgets, my main focus was on the reboot/recovery options, when I put that aside to get MMS fixed. I really don't see any lag on the home screen, it does jump to the home screen when you go all the way around. might be able to fix that with the launcher from 2.3.5, we'll see.

But like mantera said "I spent a few hours staring at the Sharp GlobalActions.smali code and they got something odd going on there... You're right, it's definitely different from ours." I stared at it probably longer, so while themes should be easy, mods are gonna take a lot of trial and error. Some parts of the system are just written and routed differently.

Upvote 0
this rom looks great. I'm going to have to try this :) does mobsters tweaks v6(froyo) work with this rom?
I don't think so, but I may be wrong. I think there is a problem with the build.prop. I'll hit up Mobstergunz and see if he or I can get one for this. I really don't think this ROM needs too many tweaks, everything works like it should, I feel like I just got a new phone. :D If our phones came like this I don't think we would have as many gripes about it, Virgin crippled our phones.
Awesome, I was hesitant to flash back to 2.2 but the ROM is very nice. Any way to get the market to recognize my phone as something that can get all the apps?
Yes I will be updating the MOD section (post 2) with new build.props, I edited the build.prop, since I put that one up. You can always just look at the thunder prop and edit yours if you don't want to wait. Or try the thunder prop in the second post. Gotta get up at 5:30AM so I'm bout to get to bed soon.

Upvote 0
I have been running/testing this ROM about 24 hours and I love it! Thanks much.
I have a couple of problems to report:
1 - The app Raindar doesn't run. Force close every time.
2 - Also Auto Rotate is acting up, if I turn it on the display changes to landscape and stays that way regardless of how I orient the device... so I leave it off. (edit) Uh... Okay now it works as it should??? I don't know tried it 5 or 6 times over the last 24 hours and it didn't work correctly until just now.

I have noticed with this ROM on my device the touch screen is more sensitive and no lockups requiring battery removal. I haven't noticed any improvement in GPS but mine always worked well to begin with.

I have tried ADW and GO launchers both run smooth as silk. I will continue testing and report back in a few days.

God bless you masked man whoever you are!

Upvote 0
I don't think so, but I may be wrong. I think there is a problem with the build.prop. I'll hit up Mobstergunz and see if he or I can get one for this. I really don't think this ROM needs too many tweaks, everything works like it should, I feel like I just got a new phone. :D If our phones came like this I don't think we would have as many gripes about it, Virgin crippled our phones.

haha, yes, but i do love tweaks as it does make our device a lot better :) ill give this rom a go tomorrow after regents :) also we do get to oc in this rom or no?

Upvote 0
I have been running/testing this ROM about 24 hours and I love it! Thanks much.
I have a couple of problems to report:
1 - The app Raindar doesn't run. Force close every time.
2 - Also Auto Rotate is acting up, if I turn it on the display changes to landscape and stays that way regardless of how I orient the device... so I leave it off. (edit) Uh... Okay now it works as it should??? I don't know tried it 5 or 6 times over the last 24 hours and it didn't work correctly until just now.

I have noticed with this ROM on my device the touch screen is more sensitive and no lockups requiring battery removal. I haven't noticed any improvement in GPS but mine always worked well to begin with.

I have tried ADW and GO launchers both run smooth as silk. I will continue testing and report back in a few days.

God bless you masked man whoever you are!
Thank you.

I have the same issue with weatherbug but weather channel works fine. It could be to do with the fact that this ROM came with no Gapps at all, it was googleless. It had Sharp Market, and some other stuff, I just thought it would be unacceptable without Gapps. I really can't do much with app compatibility, I will do some research, but raindar has issues with some phones, mostly samsung though. I get an error processing purchase, for raindar, so I don't know what is happening, I even wiped Play data.

Didn't see the auto rotate issue but the ROM seems to run better with time, like after a few reboots and just settling in.

The gps is way better for me and a lot of other people, did you enable agps in the settings?

Upvote 0
haha, yes, but i do love tweaks as it does make our device a lot better :) ill give this rom a go tomorrow after regents :) also we do get to oc in this rom or no?
I was working on adding overclocking to the kernel earlier but need to do a lil more research. The tweaks on the other hand, init.d is enabled, it is rooted, battery is better, touchscreen is better, it doesn't have a shut down animation. There is not much left, as far as tweaks go. :D Most of the tweaks will work, but the full tweaks packages may cause issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones