• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Punisher 0.1 | BIG RELEASE | LG ALLY | VZC | SUPER FAST | STABLE | ANDROID 2.1 | THEMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning,

I too really like this ROM. Thank you!

I'm getting the annoying message that an over-the-air update is ready to be installed. What is the procedure with this ROM to eliminate this?

Secondly is there a application to control what programs go to the SD card or to the phone?

Thanks, and great work!

Let the OTA update go through, the installation will fail due to the use of a custom recovery, the phone will reboot with Punisher still running and you will no longer receive the notification.

Upvote 0
In ROM Manager "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" does nothing. The progress bar shows at the top and then disappears and it still tells me that I must have i must have it installed to flash and restore roms. Fix permissions tells me An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands. What is going on? I did an entire wipe of data/cache/factory reset/dalvik cache and even wiped my sd card trying to get this to work.

EDIT: I tried updating rom manager to 2.5.1.3 and then when I try to flash it I get "Error while downloading from server. Please make sure that you have a stable internet connection, and that your SD card is inserted and has free space!"

Upvote 0
In ROM Manager "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" does nothing. The progress bar shows at the top and then disappears and it still tells me that I must have i must have it installed to flash and restore roms. Fix permissions tells me An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands. What is going on? I did an entire wipe of data/cache/factory reset/dalvik cache and even wiped my sd card trying to get this to work.

Uninstall-reinstall ROM Manager and try again, this has worked several times in the past.

Upvote 0
I flashed this rom to my wifes phone, and I've been doing this stuff allot to multiple android phones. Great rom by the way, so far the best 2.1 rom ever. I just have one problem. It randomly reboots and won't let me fix permissions from rom manager. The lock buttons are sweet bro. Hit me up and let me know if there is a fix or update. I like your style:cool:

Upvote 0

EDIT: I tried updating rom manager to 2.5.1.3 and then when I try to flash it I get "Error while downloading from server. Please make sure that you have a stable internet connection, and that your SD card is inserted and has free space!"

Yes I have been gettin the same thing . What gives with this Death?

Upvote 0
Read CTroxtell's post above mine, it's a problem with ROM Manager, not Punisher.
No I know its not Punisher. Punisher seems flawless at the moment.
I flashed a friends ally to stock last night and got him all the updates and when I tried to put on Clockwork for him (in the Stock condition) It was No bueno. Kept reading Error. So I was asking Death.... or anyone else for that matter . What is the real reason for this. At this point does anyone have anything other than oppinions?

Upvote 0
I am wondering about a couple of things. So far the ROM is excellent, very snappy and responsive. the first flash i did, din't work quite right, i had FC error with all the android media processes. so I just reflashed. since then I no longer have the nifty boot animation, and there are some of the included widgets not appearing. I seem to remember there being some battery widgets specifically that are no longer appearing. Everything else is flawless, apps2sd working great, setcpu working properly, etc.

Should I flash it yet again to see if i can get all of the missing components, or just leave good-enough alone?

Upvote 0
I am wondering about a couple of things. So far the ROM is excellent, very snappy and responsive. the first flash i did, din't work quite right, i had FC error with all the android media processes. so I just reflashed. since then I no longer have the nifty boot animation, and there are some of the included widgets not appearing. I seem to remember there being some battery widgets specifically that are no longer appearing. Everything else is flawless, apps2sd working great, setcpu working properly, etc.

Should I flash it yet again to see if i can get all of the missing components, or just leave good-enough alone?

Before flashing do a data wipe, dalvik, and cache clear in recovery, also wipe your apps2sd ext partition on your sd card, then flash punisher!

Reactions: k.c.cole
Upvote 0
when you reflashed the rom, did you wipe data and cache and dalvik cache?

ROM MANAGER IS OUT OF MY CONTROL! THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT. DON'T BLAME ME BECAUSE AN APP LIKE ROM MANAGER DOES NOT WORK. ITS OUT OF MY CONTROL! SEE HERE: [Q] Rom Manager Error while downloading from server. - xda-developers

/END RANT

zvc is not an optional add on. its the radio that is the optional add on. if you arent sure what it is or what it does dont flash it.

Upvote 0
i just tried to overclock and just got a force close

Well.. From what I've picked up around here (elders, feel free to correct) you can have two Allys side by side, with the same ROM and one may OC up to say 787 and other will FC instantly...

Having used non standard ROMs for a while, I know that regardless of the setup, the maximum speed my Ally can OC at is 748.. Anything over that (I believe Punisher has the ability to go to 787) and I get FCs.. In beta I was unsuccessful at anything over 748, which again re-enforced for me that that's the limit for my phone..

Also.. if you're new to setCPU.. You can move the slider in small increments so you dont have to go from 600 to 787.. i only note this 'cause with my big fingers it became a challenge..

Hope that helps.. :)

J

Upvote 0
Just curious, if this says VZC in the title why is VZC an optional add on? isnt it already included?

Read back a little bit...death took the radio out of the flash in case a user with the zvc update tried to flash the rom...flashing the radio to the same thing bricks the phone. If you already have version c of the radio, don't worry about it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones