• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.3 Android 2.2

I have a couple of "silly" questions about BB?

1) Is there any advantage/disadvantage to using source built ROMs as opposed to system dumps?

2) Is there a way to easily change system fonts in Froyo?

-Mike

This is really a matter of personal opinion, but I have not had much luck with "From Source" roms thus far (I will continue to try them though). I just went back to BB again for this release, and so far it rocks! Very happy with it so far...

Upvote 0
Whoa nice work. Loving the Toolkit.

BBv.03 - Nexbeast theme - P3 250-1250 kernel running @ 1250
I normally stay clocked at 1000MHz, but just wanted to see where 1250MHz ranks. FYI I am probably more impressed with the 1000MHz kernel scoring 1429 in quandrant, however, here is the 1250MHz

CAP201006281526.png

:D

*edit - I tried for a bigger image, but this was the biggest I could get it. ;)
Actually, how do you guys resize these? Should I edit in paint first?

Upvote 0
Reactions: kikatwist
Upvote 0
You simply download the zip file and install it the same way you would a ROM. Then download set CPU to change clock speed (make sure you select automatic setup and not "Droid").

There are several kernal makers.
Here are some Froyo Kernal options
Froyo Kernels - 6-16-2010 - ULV/LV/MV - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

P3Droid Kernels

There's a more complete listing of Froyo kernels here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/98988-froyo-kernels.html

Upvote 0

What kind of temps do you get for Chevy's kernels? For some reason I don't see anywhere below 90F and it'll get up 2 105F with great battery life. I know those temps are ok, but on P3 I use to get temps as low as 70F sometimes lower, but the temps got pretty high, pretty fast, sometimes 125F. Which kernels would you say is better, and what advice would you give me? Stay with Chevy's kernels or what?

Upvote 0
What kind of temps do you get for Chevy's kernels? For some reason I don't see anywhere below 90F and it'll get up 2 105F with great battery life. I know those temps are ok, but on P3 I use to get temps as low as 70F sometimes lower, but the temps got pretty high, pretty fast, sometimes 125F. Which kernels would you say is better, and what advice would you give me? Stay with Chevy's kernels or what?

Chevy's 1.1Ghz LV is running very cool for me and the performance is great. However, I don't know that anyone can tell you what will work best on your Droid. The variances among Droids are significant, and there are also variances on the same Droid running different ROMs. You just need to DL a number of kernels to try to your SD card, then try them out. Pete's shutdown options (particulary the Power + x key for recovery) will be a real help here, because you won't have to pull the battery if you go into a boot loop.

Upvote 0
Chevy's 1.1Ghz LV is running very cool for me and the performance is great. However, I don't know that anyone can tell you what will work best on your Droid. The variances among Droids are significant, and there are also variances on the same Droid running different ROMs. You just need to DL a number of kernels to try to your SD card, then try them out. Pete's shutdown options (particulary the Power + x key for recovery) will be a real help here, because you won't have to pull the battery if you go into a boot loop.

Yeah I figured they would be so different. What kind of temps do you see on yours?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones