• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Stock VM OTA 2.95.652.5 Rooted | Deodexed | Everything Should Work Now!!!

They seem like they think they are gods.
I Feel like going on there site and saying. " guess what. I just achieved s-off using my 64 bit windows 7 machine. And I'm on a rooted Rom

I already did that lol, after I inquired for their help, was given a swift ef off, then ended up getting s-off with persistence and dedication Lol. And thanks to everyone that helped in that almost week period with my soft-bricks

Upvote 0
They seem closed-minded for being developers and creating something free for the web to use. I understand there are trolls and people who post stupid things and not follow instructions, but for those who put in constructive inputs, they should listen to and help and answer questions to help clarify things instead of being condescending about it.

Upvote 0
I already did that lol, after I inquired for their help, was given a swift ef off, then ended up getting s-off with persistence and dedication Lol. And thanks to everyone that helped in that almost week period with my soft-bricks
IMO, unlimited.io effectively ended Windows support when they required a 32 bit version. Most computers ship with 64 bit enabled these days but the apps run in 32 bit mode if that's the way they were coded anyway.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
drivers are the main different on 64bit as like you just said ramjet its backwards compatible for programs, i mean, theres x86 folders everywhere!

i respect them for giving me a way to s-off, but they can sit and spin IMO when it comes to support of their publicly released product, they're actually worse than microsoft and i didnt think that was even possible

Reactions: ramjet73
Upvote 0
Has anyone successfully flashed leedroid with any of these ota roms?

Every time I try my phone freezes on startup, or I get infinite fc's

I've tried new and old hboot and a different kernel. Tried flashing right after Rom, and after reboot....still no go

Thanks in advance
We needed an updated version of Leedroid Tweaks when going from the VM version of ICS to the Sprint version so I wouldn't be surprised if another update is required after this OTA. It changed a lot of framework files that LT modifies.

ramjet73

Reactions: adamhos1234
Upvote 0
We needed an updated version of Leedroid Tweaks when going from the VM version of ICS to the Sprint version so I wouldn't be surprised if another update is required after this OTA. It changed a lot of framework files that LT modifies.

ramjet73

Would a ROM with baked in LeeDroid address any issues? In other words, since Mobster and BluRom are both running some 2.95 stuff, will there be an issue with LeeDroid on those ROMs until an updated LeeDroid is released?

Upvote 0
Would a ROM with baked in LeeDroid address any issues? In other words, since Mobster and BluRom are both running some 2.95 stuff, will there be an issue with LeeDroid on those ROMs until an updated LeeDroid is released?

ROM's that currently have Leedroid Tweaks baked in are based on the VM 1.13 or Sprint 2.89 builds and will not be affected unless they are upgraded to include the new 2.95 system files. Flashing only the firmware should not affect any existing ROM/kernel combinations and the issues are with incorporating the updated stock components into existing ROM's and mods.

I have a apk of leedroid tweaks that worked fine on the new OTA. Not sure if it's OK to post
Leedroid Tweaks is a lot more than a single apk and replaces multiple system files in the app and framework directories. If you have an apk it is probably just the UI for Leedroid Tweaks and not the underlying files.

Edit: Here's the version of Leedroid Tweaks that's compatible with the 1.13 VM build.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
But, does the firmware improve anything?
I thought we covered that already. Some people have reported improvements like reception where they didn't have it before and others haven't noticed a difference, but AFAIK nobody has reported that it made reception any worse or caused errors like the resource shortage.

So I guess the conclusion would be that it will most likely improve things at least part of the time depending on where you are.

ramjet73

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Latest firmware for S-Off users(thanks to ramjet73): 2.95 firmware

Can I flash the firmware with Hboot 1.04? Has anyone isolated the radio from this OTA release? It seems like the full OTA package may cause issues with legacy software like leedroid tweaks. If I can just try out the new radio while I wait for program and rom updates to resolve any conflicts that would be great.

They seem like they think they are gods.
I Feel like going on there site and saying. ". Hello miserable people .... Guess what. I just achieved S-OFF using my 64 bit windows 7 machine. And I'm on a rooted Rom. Have a nice day"

I too was able to attain s-off using their software on a win7 64-bit machine paired with my unlocked phone running the rooted rom harmonia. The process was simple once I changed my implement. My first attempt I used a wire from a gutted cat-5 cable with no success. I noticed a number of individuals recommend using a small paper clip wrapped in electrical tape instead of a wire. So in my second attempt I made and used a paper clip rapped in electrical tape, that did the job in short order.

Upvote 0
Can I flash the firmware with Hboot 1.04? Has anyone isolated the radio from this OTA release? It seems like the full OTA package may cause issues with legacy software like leedroid tweaks. If I can just try out the new radio while I wait for program and rom updates to resolve any conflicts that would be great.
Don't confuse the firmware updates with software (ROM) updates. All the firmware included in the OTA can be flashed without affecting any ROM/kernel combination, and it doesn't matter what hboot you currently have installed. The firmware zip that nega linked from his OP is just firmware and has the hboot, recovery and boot.img (kernel) from the OTA removed.

The software (ROM) changes will affect other software like Leedroid Tweaks but only when the changed system files are included in the ROM.

ramjet73

Reactions: efaustus9
Upvote 0
Downloaded both rooted stock roms. Everything seems to work as expected...except my WiFi won't connect. Gives me network error or wrong password. Don't know if its because of older wep security but I'm a flashaholic and have never had this issue. Not looking for a fix (back to negalite blu r60). Just if I was alone.

Upvote 0
Downloaded both rooted stock roms. Everything seems to work as expected...except my WiFi won't connect. Gives me network error or wrong password. Don't know if its because of older wep security but I'm a flashaholic and have never had this issue. Not looking for a fix (back to negalite blu r60). Just if I was alone.

Thanks for confirmation. I'll reup them today. I know what the issue is ;)

Upvote 0

My wifi was also borked, and you need hboot 1.57 to boot this btw if anyone is wondering. 1.50 boot looped me. I went back to mobsters.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones