• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [rom] teamchickeneater 2.2.1

If you are talking about the nandroid back up, they have a string of numbers. I have changed the name of the folders only. I've read that if you change the names of the files inside that it screws things up.

I tried renaming the folder and adding additional folders inside but it just gives you the "run adb mobile.sh" thing so i created another backup to see what happened. It created the exact same folder I deleted with a new backup. I moved one of the older backups back in there to see if it would have issues because I moved it around. It didn't so I have placed two folders inside the nandroid backup folder just so I can remember which one is which and I'll move them as needed back into the main folder.

Upvote 0
I've successfully added a2sd ext3 support along with some memory tweaks, bash support, /ect/init.d support, and nano to the stock rom. Are you guys interested in adding these to your custom rom?

Anywhere I can go to read up on those changes and what they mean? If they were incorperated into this rom would it impact the customer recovery at all? I'm thinking no but might as well ask cause I'll definately beta test as long as I can restore.

Upvote 0
I tried renaming the folder and adding additional folders inside but it just gives you the "run adb mobile.sh" thing so i created another backup to see what happened. It created the exact same folder I deleted with a new backup. I moved one of the older backups back in there to see if it would have issues because I moved it around. It didn't so I have placed two folders inside the nandroid backup folder just so I can remember which one is which and I'll move them as needed back into the main folder.

What nandroid backup option are you using? If you use one of the ext options but don't have a ext partition it won't backup or flash properly.

Upvote 0
What nandroid backup option are you using? If you use one of the ext options but don't have a ext partition it won't backup or flash properly.

just backup...everything works as long as you place it in the folder created by the custom recovery.

So mine says /nandroid/mem=477m

then I added /mem=477m/chickeneater and /mem=477m/original

I moved the backups in it's respective folder but sadly the restore wont work unless the files are actually in /mem=477m. And thats not a big deal cause I just go to mini file manager and move it back and forth w/ my phone or just connect via pc.

Upvote 0
Anywhere I can go to read up on those changes and what they mean? If they were incorperated into this rom would it impact the customer recovery at all? I'm thinking no but might as well ask cause I'll definately beta test as long as I can restore.

Flashing the roms I've made have no effect on the custom recovery. I would do a nand backup before flashing as the rom moves all apps to an ext partition on the sdcard. The whole sdcard should be backed up on a PC because it is necessary to repartition the sdcard.

Upvote 0
Does the rom allow us to use set cpu?

Flashing the roms I've made have no effect on the custom recovery. I would do a nand backup before flashing as the rom moves all apps to an ext partition on the sdcard. The whole sdcard should be backed up on a PC because it is necessary to repartition the sdcard.

Upvote 0

I've, to my knowledge, never setup any partitions on my sd card or backed up on my pc. that would explain the messages I got awhile back when I attempted to complete backups:
4:47p Nandroid + ext (Error MSG : run 'nandroid-mobiel.sh' via adb!)
4:49p Nandroid + ext backup + .android_secure (Error MSG : run 'nandroid-mobiel.sh' via adb!)

What is the best way to backup on pc.... just copy all and paste in a folder?

Upvote 0
I've, to my knowledge, never setup any partitions on my sd card or backed up on my pc. that would explain the messages I got awhile back when I attempted to complete backups:
4:47p Nandroid + ext (Error MSG : run 'nandroid-mobiel.sh' via adb!)
4:49p Nandroid + ext backup + .android_secure (Error MSG : run 'nandroid-mobiel.sh' via adb!)

What is the best way to backup on pc.... just copy all and paste in a folder?
I just moved it all to my pc, if I need to back up I will move it back to the sd card. even in recovery it will toggle usb storage.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by reppard
Hey if you change the value of /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_frequently wouldn't that let us clock our cpus over the set stock frequency?
Nope. File would be overwritten on reboots if I'm not mistaken.

if this file was edited into a rom then it wouldnt be over written at boot then we could have an overclocked device? just a thought. maybe something along these lines will help with overclocking apps like setcpu???

Upvote 0
Try this:

1. Create a new file on your SD card called "1 ROM" -- sans the quotation marks.
  2. Put your roms in that folder.
  3. Reboot, Recovery, Flash Zip Menu, and look for "1 ROM" -- sans the quotation marks.

Explanation: the recovery seems to recognize the first files that appear. The exact number escapes me; somewhere between 23 and 38 of the first files on the SD card show up. Renaming your file to something that will make the file appear in the first files will allow access.

when i try to flash to the rom it does not show up in the list of files. its on my sd card but i cant see it in the recovery....

Reactions: syrius325
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones