• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [THEME] Sense Rom Optimus M

Is the latest update working for you?

• Total voters
Sorry if this is out of place i really didn't want to create a whole new thread for a yes or no answer. My question is can I delete the zip files, the gingerbreak apk and the titanium backup apk from my sd card if i have them backed up on my pc?

ae7c38a3-orig.jpg

df0a0353-orig.jpg

81367aa7-orig.jpg

Upvote 0
once you've flashed any zip file or installed any application, the initial zip or apk that it used to flash/install is no longer needed as the files from it are now on your phone (including an apk in the system apps folder or in your apps-to-SD partition). so yes if you have a backup copy already, feel free to free up the space.

Reactions: det1726
Upvote 0
so that's basically weather & toggle widgets? I know all about that, but this one seemed different.

On a different note, when I try to flash what I made in UOT, I get "Installation Aborted".

Yeah it looks different because after you get the widget. You should click on the time. You will see the animation now press menu button and look for a theme called htc 7. Apply that theme and you should be good.

About the UOT file make sure that signature verify is disabled.

Upvote 0
Yeah it looks different because after you get the widget. You should click on the time. You will see the animation now press menu button and look for a theme called htc 7. Apply that theme and you should be good.

About the UOT file make sure that signature verify is disabled.

I sig verify disabled first time I tried it. Doesn't work. I'm trying now to cook a new one using different scripting

Upvote 0
I thought I'd add a quick reply noting other minor bugs in this rom:

In the stock calculator app, the "-" (minus) button is missing. Instead there is a tappable blank button that does nothing.

Also, when in Settings, About Phone, if you tap DivX VOD registration, Settings force closes.

I have a working minus button my divx reg force closes too...no biggie
thanx for the great rom joneidy

Upvote 0
With any rom, stock or not, you can always download and use whatever launcher you want to and set it as default, including launcher pro, even though the sense rom comes with ADW. you just download your favorite launcher off the market and configure away.

As for the rest of the theme, the icons are pretty much the same as Sense from what I've seen, although I'm sure there may be a few differences. The notifications/status bar will be similar, although nothing in this world is perfect. I think it looks good.

If you want to create your own custom theme, visit here: UOT Kitchen. There's a how-to link on the site and everything.

And as for the clock, your best bet is to ask Joneidy since he put the rom together.

The only problem I've run into with this is that I can't change the blue icons on the notification bar except the battery icon.

Upvote 0
I didn't wanna chime in in this way because I didn't really feel like being shunned by the only people who could help, particularly the designer of the rom, but I too would like my bluetooth to work without having to sacrifice performance by going back to the stock rom.
lol, true but you gotta admit his approach prolly isnt gonna get joinedy to hop to on this

Upvote 0
The only problem I've run into with this is that I can't change the blue icons on the notification bar except the battery icon.

You mean with UOT Kitchen? You should be able to. One of the tabs is for icons in general, and you can choose an icon pack and set it for whatever color you want. many of the icons in those packs include signal, data connection, gps, bluetooth, wifi symbols etc that all go in the notifications bar.

Upvote 0
You mean with UOT Kitchen? You should be able to. One of the tabs is for icons in general, and you can choose an icon pack and set it for whatever color you want. many of the icons in those packs include signal, data connection, gps, bluetooth, wifi symbols etc that all go in the notifications bar.

Thanks. Ill try again and grab screenshots of settings and results. I do like the blue however. Really ties together with the physical button LEDs.

Upvote 0
I would just like to say first I love the work joneidy has done with the Sense ROM.

Okay now to business, this is just and observation and I hope that it shades some light on the Bluetooth not working issue. I have rooted my phone (GingerBreak v1.2, Sense ROM 2.2.1, kernel 2.6.32.9 lge@android-Build #1), everything works great except you know BT. But in all of my test and trying I came across something when using adb. To explain I can get Bluetooth to working with the following devices Motorola H690, Sony HBH-IS800 and Parrot MiniKit Slim v1.31, and I never get the com.android.settings force close. They paired and unpaired with out issue. But when I try my BlueTrek MusiCALL I always get the error. But also something else happens, I lose the mobile network. The funny part is that I do not have to reboot to get it back, all I need to do is to put it to "sleep" with advance task manager pro running with the option to kill all apps with placed in sleep mode. Pretty much the same as killing the process and starting it again. But here is the point, I did a nand restore the the original ROM and the Bluetooth (BlueTrek MusiCALL) paired and unpaired without issue. So I thought to my self this must have something to do with the com.android.settings (Settings.apk) so I decide to test this by taking the Settings.apk from the original ROM and adding it to the Sense ROM. So I open adb and did a pull to rename the Settings.apk the an adb -r install to install the Settings.apk, now that should work correct? The only difference in the Settings.apk should be the icons and fonts, but most functionality should be the same. Well I got and USER_CONFIGURATION_???? error and the original ROM Settings.apk didnot install. So I figured I would just do a push rename the Settings.apk and then push the original over. I still got the error. So I rebooted the phone to see if that would install the app for me, no settings icon of course after I rebooted. I even tried to chown root root on the file Settings.apk (original ROM) and it kept telling me that no such file or directory. Even though I could clearly see and execute the file, odd but I resumed it to be me maybe? But anyway I then said enough and pushed over the Settings.apk (Sense ROM) thinking that should be fine since the ROM was cooked with this file anyway, but this time I got an ???_CERTIFICATE_??? error, like the file was looking for a CERTIFICATE of Authenticity for installation. Now the file pushed okay with the error and I had my settings icon back and everything works the same. As I stated before my Motorola H690, Sony HBH-IS800 and Parrot MiniKit Slim v1.31 work perfectly but my BlueTrek MusiCALL does not. The only difference I could find on the internet for these device is that the Sony HBH-IS800 and the BlueTrek MusiCALL are A2DP Bluetooth with auto-key reg, seem they will pair without the need for a PIN or Key. But if that was true then why does the Sony work and the BlueTrek doesnot?

I really think that Google has some type of Authenticity setting that is missing in the Settings.apk that is not spelled out in the sdk. I programmed for Microsoft for a while and they constantly did that to us so that the work we did would not work in our labs and would in theirs. Enough on that. To reproduce just take the Settings.apk from the zip file and try and push it over with adb and you will see. Just make sure you use "adb root" first.

Just a thought,:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones