• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Velocity V0.1.1 | LG Ally | Android 2.1 | ERE27 | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gmail sync issue has been fixed and will be working in the next version of Velocity. We have been working on a fix for days, flashed countless alphas, and there were many late nights.

Now the real work begins.

Look for an update SOON.

I'm here if you guys ever need a phone to brick! Totally willing to help with debugging work.

Edit: Do you guys plan on using drellisdee's kernel, by the way? Probably too late for 0.2, eh?

Upvote 0
I'm here if you guys ever need a phone to brick! Totally willing to help with debugging work.

Edit: Do you guys plan on using drellisdee's kernel, by the way? Probably too late for 0.2, eh?
I'll contact you if we need the help, thanks.

It's not too late at all. I'm actually completely rebuilding 0.2 as we speak. We'll evaluate the kernel and include it if we deem necessary.

Upvote 0
Great rom I love it, has anyone had any problems with skyfire running the flash videos? I was just having problems playing any videos. I tried to remove and reinstall the app and same thing. Can anyone verify this? If so can we possibly get a fix in the next release or two thanks guys.

Android 2.1 won't run flash. Have to wait for 2.2, and unless the device is overclocked as well, flash will be very slow.

Upvote 0
Stupid question but I'm just wondering is velocity 0.2 going to have a port froyo?

I'm not going to speak for Trident here, but personally I dont think so, it would be like a second birthday if it was though. His 0.1.1 ROM is already making this phone a lot snappier so thank him there. Makes you think how much LG's dev's really care about the phone.

Upvote 0
Everyone bashes the ally like it's a bad device, but it's got the same clock speed as the droid.

And no, velocity v0.2 will not be froyo. We've got plans for that tho.

v0.2 will be a speed increase(again) and a bug fix. as well as numerous other changes i'm not at liberty to state.

I believe we are in the final stages of testing, keep up with us on twitter @bowens532 and @kinetica

Upvote 0
Everyone bashes the ally like it's a bad device, but it's got the same clock speed as the droid.

v0.2 will be a speed increase(again) and a bug fix. as well as numerous other changes i'm not at liberty to state.

I believe we are in the final stages of testing, keep up with us on twitter @bowens532 and @kinetica

Yeah but the Ally doesn't have dedicated RAM or GPU which makes it kinda slower. I'm sure it would be as good or better than the Droid if it had at least its own GPU.

Upvote 0

So how many more days til release do you think?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones