• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

Hmm that's peculiar.. When I try to go into my stock messaging settings, it freezes then force closes.. =(

Don't know if anyone cares but the vibration issue for my texts has been solved by a full wipe.

On a side note, I've ordered a Motorola Triumph from QVC (which is coming in tomorrow) so I'll be moving on to that forum probably. I would just like to thank everyone on this thread for all your help with my problems/concerns. Most of all, I'd like to thank Jerry and all of the IHO team! This phone would never have been so great if it weren't for this fast and jam-packed with features ROM. :eek:

<3 exProphecy

Upvote 0
Don't know if anyone cares but the vibration issue for my texts has been solved by a full wipe.

On a side note, I've ordered a Motorola Triumph from QVC (which is coming in tomorrow) so I'll be moving on to that forum probably. I would just like to thank everyone on this thread for all your help with my problems/concerns. Most of all, I'd like to thank Jerry and all of the IHO team! This phone would never have been so great if it weren't for this fast and jam-packed with features ROM. :eek:

<3 exProphecy

:(

Upvote 0
General troubleshooting rule #1, assume nothing. Just because it shouldn't effect something, doesn't mean it won't. I've seen apparently unrelated issues traced back to things it couldn't have been, yet it was.

Does the same rule cover my Bluetooth problems? Bluetooth works fine with the stock rom, but does not for BACKside (and Harmonia).

Upvote 0
So, stock Android build, no problems with the quality of bluetooth. I skipped the BACKside ROM and tried the Harmonia ROM and having similar problems as I did with BACKside. Correct me if I'm wrong, both Harmonia and BACKside are built from the CM7 build.

Perhaps this is a problem with CM7?

I'm going to backup my Harmonia build and may try another flash of BACKside sometime today.

Does the BACKside ROM use a different bluetooth driver then the stock ROM?

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by brotherswing<br />
General troubleshooting rule #1, assume nothing. Just because it shouldn't effect something, doesn't mean it won't. I've seen apparently unrelated issues traced back to things it couldn't have been, yet it was.
<br />
<br />
Does the same rule cover my Bluetooth problems? Bluetooth works fine with the stock rom, but does not for BACKside (and Harmonia).
Absolutely! That rule of troubleshooting ALWAYS applies!;)

Upvote 0
Bluetooth sharing doesn't work so either iho or cm7 is likely where it's changed. Getting native drivers for these have been near impossible. LG doesn't release anything. Bluetooth has never been perfect from the start but it's damn near to it.

So, if I want bluetooth to work properly, I should find a ROM that is not based on CM7 or IHO? My options appear to be severely limited... :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones