• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] Party Time JellyBeanSandwich

Never ROM'd a phone before but I'm seriously thinking about going with this ROM from SB after experiencing lags and lockups on my officially-JB updated Reverb. I thought about going back to ICS, but I don't want to give up Google Now.

Can I expect my phone to run better using this ROM, like it before the update to JB?

If I install this ROM, will I still get regular updates to the Google apps like Google Now and Gmail? Will Google Play think I have a JB phone such that it will offer me updates to Google Now?

I used CWM Recovery to make a backup of my current system so I'm thinking I can always revert back to it if I have problems. Is that right?

Are there any other disadvantages or things I should know before ROM'ing my phone?

Upvote 0
Never ROM'd a phone before but I'm seriously thinking about going with this ROM from SB after experiencing lags and lockups on my officially-JB updated Reverb. I thought about going back to ICS, but I don't want to give up Google Now.

Can I expect my phone to run better using this ROM, like it before the update to JB?

If I install this ROM, will I still get regular updates to the Google apps like Google Now and Gmail? Will Google Play think I have a JB phone such that it will offer me updates to Google Now?

I used CWM Recovery to make a backup of my current system so I'm thinking I can always revert back to it if I have problems. Is that right?

Are there any other disadvantages or things I should know before ROM'ing my phone?

No you won't get updates to newer apps.
This of course is not ics and Google will know.
But of course you could wait a bit.
Im sure he will release a jb version soon.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i have been more than happy with the rom i got it as soon as it was up and even did a custom ps1 boot sequence but yesterday i got an error on the sd card and it said it was removed unexpectedly. now it will not read a card ive tried 3 and no luck. please tell me its just a bug and there is an easy fix. this is by far an excelent rom and ive already replaced the phone 3 times from virgin mobile. please help

Upvote 0
i have been more than happy with the rom i got it as soon as it was up and even did a custom ps1 boot sequence but yesterday i got an error on the sd card and it said it was removed unexpectedly. now it will not read a card ive tried 3 and no luck. please tell me its just a bug and there is an easy fix. this is by far an excelent rom and ive already replaced the phone 3 times from virgin mobile. please help

Wow so sorry I just saw this... go download the new one and do a factory reset

Upvote 0
Dude I am lovin' 2.4 ... shame real jellybean isn't more compatible with my particular device, but this is a real well-optimized ROM. Surprised at how much more speed and free memory this is givin' me vs. Stock Rom Plus. Thank you Superboy4444!

I had a question for you too. I was looking at ROM managers via the play store and wondering if making a swap file on my internal or external memory would help the device (though it doesn't need it as badly anymore). Any advice on that? I know it has some custom memory management scripts built in; I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

Reactions: superboy4444
Upvote 0
Dude I am lovin' 2.4 ... shame real jellybean isn't more compatible with my particular device, but this is a real well-optimized ROM. Surprised at how much more speed and free memory this is givin' me vs. Stock Rom Plus. Thank you Superboy4444!

I had a question for you too. I was looking at ROM managers via the play store and wondering if making a swap file on my internal or external memory would help the device (though it doesn't need it as badly anymore). Any advice on that? I know it has some custom memory management scripts built in; I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

Theoretically it could help, but I haven't ever done it so I can't say that it will...doesn't hurt to try though

Reactions: NESJohnny
Upvote 0

If you want the launcher from kit Kat it should work...just extract it from the other Rom :)

Reactions: NESJohnny
Upvote 0
I signed up JUST to tell you this:

You are amazing, I hope you get your wubba wubba sucked so hard it explodes.

You deserve it, this phone is now about five times faster than it used to be, with NEW permissions too.

Thank you so much, this is definitely better than that shitty kik-kat mod.

You honestly are super.

Well, i probably made the shitty kit-kat mod as well hahaha...but i'm glad you like it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones