• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I hate to be posting a help thread right away but I need help. I have been trying to root my Droid X today and nothing seems to work. I am using Pete's Motorola Rooting, but have tried several things. If I don't run it as an admin, it never finds my device (I have it in debugging and charge only) and if I run it as an admin it says it roots yet there is tons of errors saying ADB file not available except I have it. I have also ran a command window on the file but says device not found.

Android V: 2.3.3
System: 604
Pete's Root V: 7

I appreciate help in advance and am willing to try almost everything!

The very first things we here at AF like to shove down your throat is after you are rooted there are three things you need to do.

First, MAKE A BACKUP!
Second, Learn how to SBF in your sleep!
Third, ALways make sure you have a charged battery before you start flashing.

Having a backup to fall back on can save allot of time and hassle. Learning how to SBF your phone is what's gonna get you back to stock should you mess up your phone, and you WILL mess it up at some point, we all did. It's part of the learning proccess. Sometimes us experianced users still mess up so don't take it to heart. And always make sure your battery is charged up! Having your battery die mid flash is trouble you DON'T wanna have to deal with.

Once you have your backup and you have become familiar with the SBF'ing proccess you can then check out the guides to learn how to flash Roms and themes. Make sure you follow the directions for said Rom and theme to the letter.

Now go charge your phone, make your backup, and read, read, read the guides till your head hurts. Be sure to come back and ask questions when you don't understand something.

Rooting your phone is a nessesary step for flashing Roms and themes. Flashing said Roms and themes isn't nessesary but it sure is fun. And that's the whole point. When you get bored with the look of your phone, no worries, just flash a new Rom or theme..:D

EDIT: I almost forgot about the performance increase in flashing new Roms and/or overclocking/undervolting your phone. But we will talk about that stuff later..;)

Reactions: CheriRives
Upvote 0
i left you a visitor message as well

but the exclamation point is the "splash screen" for stock recovery, you got there by holding home+power

on gingerbread hit vol up and down together and you will enter the menu, from there you can wipe data/cache and reboot. thats all you should do in there btw!

all roms require cwr, and most have them built in, you need droid x/2 bootstrapper in order to achieve this.

Reactions: CheriRives
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones