• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooted evo 4g problem

given your little info.. your phone may not like the way your kernel is running.. my phone is also sensitive like this.. I have been in so many boot loops playing with different software.. I know now my phones funny bone is sorta speak ( and i STAY AWAY FROM IT TO KEEP MY EVO HAPPY).... MR ED, as always, has the best answer restore to your nandroid and try a different kernel..

Upvote 0
im running the savagedzen-1.0.1-cfs-havs-wimax-gb-signed.dip and i have tried the dalvik cache wipe and then reinstall it last night and it still did it at 730 today

I had a similar problem yesterday. The night before I flashed this same kernel, in the morning the lights would come on on my phone but it wouldn't wake up. Even the alarm didn't go off. Battery pull and reboot the phone took forever to finish loading. Reboot to recovery and flashed old faithful(Savage 1.6) and it works like a charm. I noticed that they re-released this same kernel yesterday. I am wondering if there were some major issues with the initial release of it.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem yesterday. The night before I flashed this same kernel, in the morning the lights would come on on my phone but it wouldn't wake up. Even the alarm didn't go off. Battery pull and reboot the phone took forever to finish loading. Reboot to recovery and flashed old faithful(Savage 1.6) and it works like a charm. I noticed that they re-released this same kernel yesterday. I am wondering if there were some major issues with the initial release of it.

ya i tried wipeing the dalvik cache and reinstalled it and im going to see if it happens again today and if not im going to go t a different kernel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones