• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted - just a few questions

ocaz

Jun 6, 2010
Right did this the other day and installed neophyte ROM 1.6 as this seemed to be best most stable one out there just wondering a few things if anyone could help me with and apologies in advance as I am new to all this but if you could help great! -

1. Battery drainage - Here is an example - my phone was fully charged before I went to bed at 11 last night, took it off charge to wake up at 6am to find it at 79! It is now at 70 just one hour later not really done any tasks on it. Now reading up it seems Facebook update may have been to blame due to a bug so I have uninstalled it until it is fixed but is the new system more heavy on the battery?

It is like first few weeks again as battery life had got to the point where I was happy with it now it sucks for me since I updated my phone

2. No longer using a Advance Task Killer as from reading around it was not really neccessary but I'm not sure?

3. Market problem - can't get paid for apps when I go to enter credit card details I get a pop asking me to retry etc? I have heard of people having market problems with ROMs but can't seem to find a fix?

4. Without sounding a dick what should I be looking out on 2.2 apart from higher quality video recording, been able to stick apps on the sd card? Also what else can I or should I look at doing now I am rooted? Remember I am new to this

Thanks in advance

im running the same rom mate, my battery life is completely fine.. have you got any auto sync features on or anything? yes, that facebook update was awful, it drains your battery horribly. as far as i can tell, the new system is not heavy on the battery.. im sitting on 79% battery after 12h 40m since my last charge..

im not using ATK either anymore, battery looks like it lasts longer over the last week...

not sure about the market problem mate.

well, apps to sd card is good, 720p video recording. wi-fi tethering, faster system, flash 10.1 for quicker web pages.

its all good man :)

Reactions: ocaz
Upvote 0
Cheers I reckon battery thing is due to facebook which I have uninstalled till it is fixed as it was draining battery as I was looking at it. Have same settings as before i installed 2.2 so it must be that then, was just a little concerned.

Just hope I can sort this market problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones