• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting the Boostmobile zte warp 4g lte model N9510

Well, it seems that you are the only one with this device that has 4.4.2.

Ok, I will help you get rooted if you will help everyone by grabbing the files from your phone before making any changes :) It would be great to have a 4.4.2 stock rom for all the Warp 4G users. Let me know if you are willing to help out.
0AYV9rs.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, it seems that you are the only one with this device that has 4.4.2.

Ok, I will help you get rooted if you will help everyone by grabbing the files from your phone before making any changes :) It would be great to have a 4.4.2 stock rom for all the Warp 4G users. Let me know if you are willing to help out.

Oh WOW!! :eek: This isn't real yet..?!
. I'M GAME FOR TESTING!!! :cool:

Upvote 0
Yep, but as he said, no pc :( We finally get someone who has stock 4.4.2 and can't do anything about it lol

edit: I was actually going to have him fastboot boot instead of flash so we can get the stock recovery too ;)

So, if we can get him some parts..... I have a good socket 775 mobo with a core 2 quad in it, plus memory I could donate. He would have to get a cooling fan for it.I dropped it and broke the plastic on it. But the system posted a month ago when I last fired it up.

Upvote 0
I ended up with 4.4.2 by accident (my daughter, 3, was so kind as to update it and undo all my hard work) got access to a comp, though my web situation is kinda shoddy (phone only, but am sure I can work something out) would be willing to do a wipe or whatever if that would get you a stock recovery. (Fairly new to this stuff. Only had android a couple months. But, Have Much computer experience xD)

Upvote 0
I ended up with 4.4.2 by accident (my daughter, 3, was so kind as to update it and undo all my hard work) got access to a comp, though my web situation is kinda shoddy (phone only, but am sure I can work something out) would be willing to do a wipe or whatever if that would get you a stock recovery. (Fairly new to this stuff. Only had android a couple months. But, Have Much computer experience xD)

Sent you a PM :)

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
If someone gets the update notification, please upload the zip file from /cache after it downloads but before it reboots to do the update. I would love to get my hands on it ;)

Not sure why the update is rolling out so slowly. I have seen 3 people so far that have it. That's not many lol

Any possible way to force an update? I'll slam it out ASAP if I can..

Upvote 0
Right on... I even wiped all caches in recovery before trying updates with same results.. :(
Where's Chevanlol360's "fat lady" when we need her?! Lmao :D

lol true. I am working with biasporpoise now, and will work with david17 tomorrow. Hopefully between the two of them i can get some files for the rest of us ;)

Upvote 0
lol true. I am working with biasporpoise now, and will work with david17 tomorrow. Hopefully between the two of them i can get some files for the rest of us ;)
hello. Just to let you know the PC will arrive after 2pm. And have to pick my kids at 3pm. After that we can try if you can ? Or we can do tomorrow morning cuz they will leave me the PC for 1 more day free become of the late.. Let me know

Upvote 0
Wicked! KK OS should be smaller RAM consumption too, right?
In theory, yes
I want to see someone post a screen shot of this.....

EDIT: nevermind just scrolled up!

Should we install a OTA Root Keeper??? Don't want to lose root if they force an update. Or will it fail to keep root??
I will be making some roms. Not sure if OTA Root Keeper will work. Never tried it.
hello. Just to let you know the PC will arrive after 2pm. And have to pick my kids at 3pm. After that we can try if you can ? Or we can do tomorrow morning cuz they will leave me the PC for 1 more day free become of the late.. Let me know
I worked with biasporpoise last night, and we got his 4.4.2 device rooted, backed up the system, boot.img, stock recovery.img, and all the needed KK partitions. He will be uploading them today at some point. I will still help you get root since i said i would. I may not have time today to help you or to make the rom. It depends on when biasporpoise gets the files uploaded. Monday for sure for all of it. I have a busy weekend ahead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones