• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Xperia x8

Windows: (GUI)
1.) Connect phone to Windows PC and activate USB-Debugging (DO NOT MOUNT THE SD-CARD!!!!)

) Run the program, click root and you are done :)
----
Linux/Max: (Shell)
adb push rageagainstthecage /data/local/tmp/trageagainstthecage
adb push su /data/local/tmp/su
adb push superuser.apk /data/local/tmp/superuser.apk
adb shell
-> $ cd /data/local/tmp
-> $ chmod 755 rageagainstthecage
-> $ ./rageagainstthecage
You will see some text explaining the exploit and it will drop you to normal bash after done.
Now again:
adb shell
-> # cd /data/local/tmp
-> # adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system
-> # cat su /system/bin/su
-> # cat superuser.apk /system/app/superuser.apk
-> # chmod 06777 /system/bin/su
-> # chmod 777 /system/app/superuser.apk

Done ;)

----

Have fun :)

Regards
Bin4ry

P.S: If it doesn't work the first time just re-run the program once or twice.

See how that goes.

Attachments

• SuperOneClickv1.4-ShortFuse.zip
    580.7 KB · Views: 1,157
Upvote 0
Read thoroughly here. Don't get yourself confused, its really easy actually. :D

Credits to suhel28 for the awesome thread. (although he was a copy cat. don't blame me. he did admit that :p )

ok thanks but from the post because i dont use the rootexplorer because i have to pay and now i dont have money in phone i use ghost commander and it is the same and it is free i found the system/bin i am in but i dont now because when i donwload the file of the post i extract and i got an other zip also i dont know if i should extract it also and except these i dont know how to set permissions is this neccesery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones