• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

budde2

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2011
brandon fl
So my good friend at the corp store said that the price is going up because the joined sprint and will be upping the 3&4g speeds this is rumored to happen any day through all markets were sprint is and metro is not metro will know be and vice versus sprint just released there lte and gave wimax to virgin mobile who will get the HTC evo 3d 4g I am not saying this will happen but that's what I heard from a good source that is why prices have been raised rumored

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

So my good friend at the corp store said that the price is going up because the joined sprint and will be upping the 3&4g speeds this is rumored to happen any day through all markets were sprint is and metro is not metro will know be and vice versus sprint just released there lte and gave wimax to virgin mobile who will get the HTC evo 3d 4g I am not saying this will happen but that's what I heard from a good source that is why prices have been raised rumored

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Holy punctuation.

Upvote 0
He's saying prices have raised becouse metro roan share towers with sprint becouse sprint is moving to lte and giving their wimaax towers to virgin mobile. This tower sharing will increase our 3g and 4g speeds. :-/ if this is true it makes the price hike somewhat worth it. Especially if 3g speeds are no longer absolute shit.

Upvote 0
Can They change our plan? like im on the $60 plan with rasphody suppose to be unlimited no cap. Can they all of the sudden give me slower speeds after 5 gbs now or do they honor your plan until you change it?

They can do whatever they want because you don't have a contract plan but they did say they would leave existing plans alone. I went to metropcs.com and logged in to check my plan. I also have the $60 plan and it says it's still unlimited 4G no cap.

Upvote 0
MetroPCS spokesman Drew Crowell told Fierce Wireless that, once throttled, customers can expect speeds to be "similar to what they might experience on MetroPCS' 3G networks." Subscribers on the non-throttled LTE plans that reach their monthly allotment and get slowed will have their speeds returned to normal at the start of the next billing cycle. It's good to see MetroPCS make their LTE plans easier for users to understand, though I'm sure there will be more than a few folks bummed by the fact that the new unlimited (and non-throttled) plan is $10 more than Metro's previous plan that included unlimited data and streaming. MetroPCS does point out that current customers' plans won't change unless they opt to switch to one of the new offerings. If you're interested in checking out Metro's new plans for yourself, you can do so by hitting the MetroPCS link below.

MetroPCS revamps LTE data plans, offers $70 unlimited 4G option and adds throttling to others | PhoneDog

did some searching online and found this so im hoping they let us keep it =) thanks for midnight reply lol

Upvote 0
ouch, jeez shame you guys arent in areas with sprint coverage, base plan is 79.99 with unl everything (cept land line calls) and they are rolling out LTE this year.... ill get it in september cuz im in tampa so ill be cruisin with 40mbps speeds :D

if any of you consider leaving id suggets hitting up amazon wireless to buy phones, the sprints sgs2 is only 50 bucks to new customers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones