• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Run windows 3.1

altimax98

Android Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2010
Lakeland Fl
Ive been following a How To on installing windows 3.1 on the Droid and I got it done using a How to, a ISO file and ADOSBOX (a app you can download).

And Ive got it running... Pretty well in fact :)

Windows 3.1 on aDosBox

Thats the How To, and find a ISO for windows 3.1 and thats all you need. Follow the instructions and with some ingenuity you can run it like i did, it runs surprisingly well. The only major problem (its quite major) is the touch screen/mouse. Because the screen doubles as a mouse it tends to get stuck 'clicking' things. Like it will get stuck expanding/contracting and its soooo hard to get undone. Other then that it runs well enough. It has no sound and such, and its more of a novelty then anything, but rodents revenge is a fun game to play :)

I got a video on my girls droid if you want some proofs :p

Post the video. Not for "proof"... no need to prove yourself to anyone else. Especially on the internet. But definitely post it to satisfy those of us who are curious.

Personally, I don't think I would ever bother with windows when I already have an awesome OS... But it is that whole "Forbidden fruit" syndrome. You've piqued my interest.

Upvote 0
Post the video. Not for "proof"... no need to prove yourself to anyone else. Especially on the internet. But definitely post it to satisfy those of us who are curious.

Personally, I don't think I would ever bother with windows when I already have an awesome OS... But it is that whole "Forbidden fruit" syndrome. You've piqued my interest.

Ill try to do it again tomorrow.. The main problem is that the screen is super bright recording (recording a droid with a droid lol) but ill try and get it posted. Its more of a fun thing to play with, thats why I did it.

Upvote 0
You can see in the last photo the problem with the not releasing the click lol...

Heres some screenshots I got tonight:

868154689_XB7zM-M.png

868154716_L6fXb-M.png

868154728_VczCE-M.png

868154753_MqfFs-M.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones