• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S Beam error message on new Samsung Galaxy S5

Sharmander

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
Hey all,
I'm new to this site. I recently defected from Apple and bought a midnight colored galaxy S5 about two weeks ago. I love the phone. A few days ago, a friend and I were trying out the NFC S beam capability by touching s5's and swapping pics that way. It worked perfectly. Today, my friend tried to send me a video that he had recorded on his galaxy s5 the same way, and I kept receiving an error message that read "S beam not working on device". I've gone to application manager, looked up beaming services, and cleared the cache (as was suggested on one you tube video), performed a restart, turned on and off the NFC icon, checked to make sure the S beam was on (it was), and have not found a successful way to transfer pics and videos via NFC-S Beam. IT WORKED TWO DAYS AGO, WHY ISN'T IT WORKING NOW? I haven't made any changes to the settings (that I know about). Please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones