• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S= pain in the butt to turn it off, big time help.

edsterturbo

Lurker
May 28, 2011
Im having trouble getting s=off with mytouch 4g. I temp-rooted using the visionary method.
I tried about six different methods(not includin ADb push, seems hard). Ihave done the Whole thing about downloading a Root folder (and in side of that folder i have hboot_dhd.nb0, Root.sh, and wpx.ko) and dragginf it to the Root of my sd card, then i followed the intructions to the T on XDA, i managed to get SU permissions, and cd / sdcard/root, but when i get to the last step , Type "sh root.sh".. it begins the process and i get /sdcard/root/wpx.ko i get a failed ( function not implemented) .... is there a erroer with the files i downloaded ?

I found roming the HD2 to run android a whole lot easier than this... im open to tip and tricks.

Isn't it though? Which process did you use to make your attempt? I know it's inconvenient but through 4 diff MT4G's (2 for me 2 for wifey) I have found the method where you go through the Android SDK to be the one that always produces results. Unfortunately I can't find the link for that one right now. XDA is your friend though.

Reactions: edsterturbo
Upvote 0
im afraid to try to use the SDK method, you can email me, edsterturbo@gmail.com, if you find a easy method.

What are you afraid of? When you read it, it looks harder than it actually is. I used the SDK method to root mine and everything worked on the first try. Just make sure that you install a file on your phone's SD card called "HTCDriver.exe" or something like that otherwise ADB won't recognize that your phone is connected to your PC.

I followed this guide step for step and had no problems at all (once I found out about the driver on the SD card). Give it a try, and if you get stuck on a certain spot, just let me know and I'll try to guide you through it.

TMobile myTouch 4G: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones