1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S= pain in the butt to turn it off, big time help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edsterturbo, May 28, 2011.

1. edsterturbo

edsterturbo Lurker

Im having trouble getting s=off with mytouch 4g. I temp-rooted using the visionary method.
    I tried about six different methods(not includin ADb push, seems hard). Ihave done the Whole thing about downloading a Root folder (and in side of that folder i have hboot_dhd.nb0, Root.sh, and wpx.ko) and dragginf it to the Root of my sd card, then i followed the intructions to the T on XDA, i managed to get SU permissions, and cd / sdcard/root, but when i get to the last step , Type "sh root.sh".. it begins the process and i get /sdcard/root/wpx.ko i get a failed ( function not implemented) .... is there a erroer with the files i downloaded ?

I found roming the HD2 to run android a whole lot easier than this... im open to tip and tricks.

2. gohausmachine

gohausmachine Well-Known Member

Isn't it though? Which process did you use to make your attempt? I know it's inconvenient but through 4 diff MT4G's (2 for me 2 for wifey) I have found the method where you go through the Android SDK to be the one that always produces results. Unfortunately I can't find the link for that one right now. XDA is your friend though.

edsterturbo likes this.
  3. edsterturbo

edsterturbo Lurker

im afraid to try to use the SDK method, you can email me, edsterturbo@gmail.com, if you find a easy method.

4. MildewMan

MildewMan Newbie

What are you afraid of? When you read it, it looks harder than it actually is. I used the SDK method to root mine and everything worked on the first try. Just make sure that you install a file on your phone's SD card called "HTCDriver.exe" or something like that otherwise ADB won't recognize that your phone is connected to your PC.

I followed this guide step for step and had no problems at all (once I found out about the driver on the SD card). Give it a try, and if you get stuck on a certain spot, just let me know and I'll try to guide you through it.

TMobile myTouch 4G: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

5. Nexus1

Nexus1 Member

follow the tutorial above. Its very simple and you will get true s=off and perm root. Also gives you sim unlock.

6. wake69

wake69 Android Expert

nm was told wrong phone i rebooted dev and see i am wrong sorry