• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S8+ Over- Sensitive screen

I have had the same thing. I found that turning the phone off (not powering down) helps prevent pocket dialing. When turning the phone on, I have to swipe up to get to my home screen. There are still occasions when I notice the screen active in my shirt pocket. I expect that having the phone password protected will help prevent such shenanigans.
My problem is that my fat fingers coupled with the live edge screen results in dialing the person on my text screen. But, I consider that an ID10T issue and neither a hardware nor software issue.

Reactions: Andropetros67
Upvote 0
I have had the same thing. I found that turning the phone off (not powering down) helps prevent pocket dialing. When turning the phone on, I have to swipe up to get to my home screen. There are still occasions when I notice the screen active in my shirt pocket. I expect that having the phone password protected will help prevent such shenanigans.
My problem is that my fat fingers coupled with the live edge screen results in dialing the person on my text screen. But, I consider that an ID10T issue and neither a hardware nor software issue.

You are quite right. Thank you for answering!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones