• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy 2 with GTi9100

Tried it on two computers (one running XP and one Win7) and it tells me : please connect to a device in Kies, even though I am connected. The battery recharges, so I know the USB is working. It says in the MTP applications that it is connected on the phone, but the PC screen says "please connect to a device". Tried troubleshooting the connection problem and rebooting, same thing each time.

Upvote 0
Ok, but what about installing the newest version of Android? Will that reset all my previous settings? I was told to go to :
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/680070-jelly-bean-update-dummies-guide.html

Did you read through the guide? Is it available for your phone according to your CSC code? If so, and you can get it through Kies, it shouldn't change your settings. What kind of settings are you talking about?

If its not available for your phone and you have to use Odin to install it, yes it will erase your current settings. If you read the guide, there is also a section for helping to get Kies to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones