• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S - Indian thread

Don't see any reason to upgrade to 9.1. There's no difference between JS3 and JPY.

Yeah, arabic support is of no use to me. However, have changed the kernel to speedmod's k12s yesterday, haven't tried out the feature, which I was waiting for. (3rd party headphone support for picking up calls, and talking either via internal /external mic..)

Upvote 0
well guys,
i have jpy 2.2.1 installed, today i started kies and it said there is an update available for kies to 2.0.0.11014_49, but after i did this, the kies started saying the device firmware cannot be updated, the older kies never had this problem.
i tried registry patcher, and it did not work.
do any of you guys, facing the same problem.
pls, reply with some suggestions.

Upvote 0
well guys,
i have jpy 2.2.1 installed, today i started kies and it said there is an update available for kies to 2.0.0.11014_49, but after i did this, the kies started saying the device firmware cannot be updated, the older kies never had this problem.

Heyyy...even i am facing similar problem noww.......Did u or anybody else has reolution for this???Thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0
Hey frens...
Which antivirus security id best for eclair 2.1 update 1 - Lookout, avg antivirus or super sevurity standard(by superdroid.net). All the three have high rating on the market.
Suggedtions please.

--------
Samsung galsxy s - GT I9000
Android 2.1 update1

you DONT need any AV for Android phones. its not nokia or windows phone.

Upvote 0
well guys,

Since JPY is the latest version, I don't think that Kies can update it any further. The fact remains that every new version of kies need not have a firmware update. Version 2.0.0.11014_49 was released in India on January 6 as a new interface only. The question then arises as to why it does not give a message that "You already have the latest version and it cannot be updated any further"? That is because this latest version of Kies does not recognise JPY probably so far.

Upvote 0
Even I am waiting for android 2.2.1 update for my Samsung galaxy S in India. The currrent 2.2 firmware update I recieved sometime back on KIES is buggy and is terribly slow and laggy. I have read some good feedback regarding the 2.2.1 update running on galaxy S and would love to get the update in India. Waiting for it. Checked on KIES yesterday. Couldn't find the update. It says that I am on the latest version of firmware which is 2.2 only.

Upvote 0
Even I am waiting for android 2.2.1 update for my Samsung galaxy S in India. The currrent 2.2 firmware update I recieved sometime back on KIES is buggy and is terribly slow and laggy. I have read some good feedback regarding the 2.2.1 update running on galaxy S and would love to get the update in India. Waiting for it. Checked on KIES yesterday. Couldn't find the update. It says that I am on the latest version of firmware which is 2.2 only.

Hi I benchmarked Samsung Galaxy S 2.2.1 using Quadrant Professional and I got an overall impressive score of 1207. Second only to Nexus One using Gingerbread but please note Nexus One always gives unusually high CPU scores. I am attaching the screenshot. Has anyone got a score more than that on Galaxy?

Secondly, I need some help. I have upgraded to 2.2.1 using a Non-India Rom. So I have lost Hindi display capability which version 2.2 had. Can anyone having 2.2 India version please be a Good Samaritan and email me the the following fonts from there Systems>Fonts folder?

Droid Sans and Droid Sans Bold or an other font with similar name in the Fonts folder.

You can access the System Folder using Root Explorer or Astro File Manager.
These fonts have Hindi characters as well in Froyo 2.2 official ROM released for India. But since I have upgraded and I am enjoying the speed, I do not want to roll back to 2.2. So I want to install these earlier fonts of 2.2 India version with your help. You can email at gupta.san06@gmail.com

Attachments

• Galaxy S 2.2.1 Benchmark.doc
    67 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
By the way, I have already tried Droid Hindi fonts avaliable on XDA-Developers and Dejavu Sans fonts. However, Hindi is very distorted when ardharkshars appear cricket, rajya etc. It uses halant matra instead of half letters. Moreover chhoti e ki matra also is shown after the letter instead of before it. Can you please suggest a better font from somewhere or some other solution????

Upvote 0
I understand that Samsung needs time to integrate Touchwiz into newer versions of Android.

What I don't understand is the delay between the roll out from one region to another. When UK or Eupore is able to get the update to 2.2.1 (which is lag free), why cant the same be rolled out to India where the operator plays no role in the update process?

Please let me know if someone has any logical answer so as to why the Android 2.2.1 update is not rolled out in India..... :-(

Upvote 0
I guess you should forget about the indian updates to froyo and install the UK version ..

I applied it early in January and am enjoying the lag free experience ...

I would kindly suggest you guys also to do the same rather than waiting for the official update and getting frustrated ...

For more details on how to do so please refer to my post in the end of the 50th page ....

Upvote 0
I guess you should forget about the indian updates to froyo and install the UK version ..

I applied it early in January and am enjoying the lag free experience ...

I would kindly suggest you guys also to do the same rather than waiting for the official update and getting frustrated ...

For more details on how to do so please refer to my post in the end of the 50th page ....

Can you share the Firmware that you have flashed?

Upvote 0
Does this patcher works with kies latest version 2.0.0.11014_49??

You dont need to follow that complicated process. Follow below process.

1. I assume that your phone is virgin(using official rom) and not ****ed up (i.e rooted , applied lagfix bla bla)

If so then read below, else unroot and remove lagfix and follow below process.

1. Download latest European firmware 2.2.1 from this site
Login - www.SamFirmware.com
as of now its I9000XWJS5 ##

2. Download ODIN 1.3 and Galaxy S / .PIT File: DOWNLOAD. (803) from above link. (you need to scroll at bottom)

3. Now unzip that 2.2.1 ROM. You will see 3 files , PDA MODEM and CSC.

4. Remove battery, SIM card , external memory card from phone.

5. Press Vol Down + Power + Home Key (all at same time). Now release all keys once you see a yellow screen. Its called download mode.

6. Now connect data cable to phone and USB.

7. Start ODIN 1.3 , and check if you see yellow below "ID:COM" section. It means that your phone is detected by ODIN.

8. Now make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT Ticked, "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" is ticked.

9. from step 3 , you have got 3 files. Click PIT and select "803.PIT" file you downlaoded.
Click CSC and select file having "CSC" in filename from above step 3 ZIP file
Click PHONE and select file having "MODEM" in filename from above step 3 ZIP file
Click PDA and select the remaining file which we have not yet used from zip file.

10. Now click START and dont touch the phone(it will auto-reboot) unless you see Samsung home lock screen.

Bitch just got served :p and you are on Froyo 2.2.1

Now when Samsung releases official 2.2.1 for India , you need to download I9000DDJG4 # and 512.PIT file and flash the phone. This I9000DDJG4 has only 1 file. In ODIN , Click PDA and select that 1 file we just got from I9000DDJG4 ROM ZIP.
Now , make sure you tick Re-Partition and 2 ticks as said above.

This way you will be back on 2.1 and then can connect to KIES and get directly 2.2.1

if you have any questions post it here.

Reactions: akshayxyz
Upvote 0
You dont need to follow that complicated process. Follow below process.

1. I assume that your phone is virgin(using official rom) and not ****ed up (i.e rooted , applied lagfix bla bla)

If so then read below, else unroot and remove lagfix and follow below process.

1. Download latest European firmware 2.2.1 from this site
Login - www.SamFirmware.com
as of now its I9000XWJS5 ##

2. Download ODIN 1.3 and Galaxy S / .PIT File: DOWNLOAD. (803) from above link. (you need to scroll at bottom)

3. Now unzip that 2.2.1 ROM. You will see 3 files , PDA MODEM and CSC.

4. Remove battery, SIM card , external memory card from phone.

5. Press Vol Down + Power + Home Key (all at same time). Now release all keys once you see a yellow screen. Its called download mode.

6. Now connect data cable to phone and USB.

7. Start ODIN 1.3 , and check if you see yellow below "ID:COM" section. It means that your phone is detected by ODIN.

8. Now make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT Ticked, "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" is ticked.

9. from step 3 , you have got 3 files. Click PIT and select "803.PIT" file you downlaoded.
Click CSC and select file having "CSC" in filename from above step 3 ZIP file
Click PHONE and select file having "MODEM" in filename from above step 3 ZIP file
Click PDA and select the remaining file which we have not yet used from zip file.

10. Now click START and dont touch the phone(it will auto-reboot) unless you see Samsung home lock screen.

Bitch just got served :p and you are on Froyo 2.2.1

Now when Samsung releases official 2.2.1 for India , you need to download I9000DDJG4 # and 512.PIT file and flash the phone. This I9000DDJG4 has only 1 file. In ODIN , Click PDA and select that 1 file we just got from I9000DDJG4 ROM ZIP.
Now , make sure you tick Re-Partition and 2 ticks as said above.

This way you will be back on 2.1 and then can connect to KIES and get directly 2.2.1

if you have any questions post it here.

Q: what does Re- partition do??? For upgrade do not click re partition then why do so when you are downgrading??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones