• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S - Indian thread

Buddy i was saying that "modem file image" is included in the one tar file with other two (CSC and PDA"). thats y there is only one file and we dont need three files.
Nevermind the good thing is that we now can flash any firmware without worrying about warranties. Yippeeee.
Friend...We all should be really pleased and we are :) Warranty back :)
Actually previously I downloaded DDJF2 from samsung-firmware.com. But there was no modem file inside....it could only flash the PDA and CSC...but not the baseband. That's why this time I was a bit anxious if all files were included there.

Upvote 0
Yes I can, but dont have much Idea that what it does, If you can tell me then I will be able to help in a better way.

After marking there is a tick sign after number
When a contact has 2 or more numbers any time you call you are asked which number you want to call...but if you set default you will not be asked again...it will call directly to the default number you set.

Upvote 0
Guys, I have vodafone gprs. But after purchasing this phone I was never successful to create a google account. Can anybody help me ???

What error you are getting? Try creating google account on your PC. Then use that account to sign in. Sometimes it just refuse to connect. Also try creating or "signing in" WI-Fi. I was also not able to sign in using airtel gprs.

Upvote 0
First Impressions on DDJG4 :

i slept from 11pm to 5am... the battery dipped by just.... JUST 1% during this period.This was with the edge data connection kept ON. Not auto-syncing except for K9 email checking email once in 3 hours and Titanium backup running a scheduled backup.

That is quite a feat considering JM2 used to drain 10-12% during my 9-hour workshift where i didn't touch the phone at all.

Also mimocan fix makes this thing fly like its on crack !! :D

Upvote 0
hey,

I have a couple of questions for galaxy s users.

1. After the latest update, is it now as fast as htc legend or desire with no lags?

2. Does video calling work on skype over wifi? I have read over internet somewhere, that it doesnt and it keeps on crashing all the time. Can somene please confirm this?

Upvote 0
Ok, worked for me! Quadrant score: 2217 :D

Hi Kalpik! total beginner here! im trying to apply the patch myself.. could you please tell me how to access the adb shell? My phone is rooted and im using a PC running windows XP.. I have kept debugging mode on and connected my phone to the PC.. after which i enter run>cmd.. do i directly type adb shell in the command prompt window or something else? is adb shell a software that i need to download?

Upvote 0
Hi Kalpik! total beginner here! im trying to apply the patch myself.. could you please tell me how to access the adb shell? My phone is rooted and im using a PC running windows XP.. I have kept debugging mode on and connected my phone to the PC.. after which i enter run>cmd.. do i directly type adb shell in the command prompt window or something else? is adb shell a software that i need to download?

i wonder how did you root :)

Upvote 0
You need to install the Android SDK.. Then you will find adb.exe under the tools folder inside the SDK.. Though if you don't have a fair idea of linux commands, I'd recommend you stay away till a "on-click" solution is out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones