• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S5 or Htc one (M8)?

android889

Jul 22, 2012
I want to buy a new phone and willing to spend a lot of money on it (600$!)
am a galaxy fan but my last phone S3 used to lag and slows down all the time eventually it turned into a white screen (was told CPU was corrupted)
so am having cold feet abt S5 (didn't like the design doesn't even look like a new phone similar to S4 )
am tempted to get the Htc but it's not water resistant, no finger print lock, non removable battery etc...

please help anyone had personal experience with both phones?
what did u prefer?

I want to buy a new phone and willing to spend a lot of money on it (600$!)
am a galaxy fan but my last phone S3 used to lag and slows down all the time eventually it turned into a white screen (was told CPU was corrupted)
so am having cold feet abt S5 (didn't like the design doesn't even look like a new phone similar to S4 )
am tempted to get the Htc but it's not water resistant, no finger print lock, non removable battery etc...

please help anyone had personal experience with both phones?
what did u prefer?
I was actually at the same position as you before I got my s5. I haven't regretted my purchase at all. It came down to removable battery and water resistance for me. I found the fingerprint scanner to be pointless. Samsung's software is a lot more bloated than htc's though. Not really am issue for me because I've rooted and removed the bloat. I'd still go with the s5, but you can't go wrong either way! :D

Reactions: android889
Upvote 0
guess am going with the S5 ....since u've had it did it slow down or lagged?
I download a lot of apps and music etc (not a light user :p )
I rooted my S3 too and downloaded greenify app will do the same on the S5.
last question did u take any underwater pics?

thanks a LOT :)

Glad you've made your decision! Mine hasnt slowed much, but there is the occasional studder but nothing major at all. It is a very smooth experience. Im a heavy user myself, and not much slowdown.

I wouldn't submerge your s5 on purpose, as the water resistance is more for extra protection than anything else. Although I have seen some quite nice photos taken with lifeproof cases though! If you got a waterproof case, you would be almost immune to water damage, even if the case fails.

Enjoy your s5:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones