• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 won't reset- repair costs?

CINDYINATL

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
:mad:My Galaxy Tab 10.1 had about half of a charge last night when I turned it off for the night. I plugged it in to charge overnight but this morning it wouldn't turn on. I tried all the tricks on the forum of holding the power and volume up buttons down but nothing every happened. I chatted with Samsung and they walked me through teh factory reset process (holding down the power and volume up buttons) again. Still nothing. I'm told I'll need to send it to the factory in Texas for repair. Has anyone had an estimate for a repair? I got this in July 2011 and am betting it will cost way too much and I'll end up with an old model for the money.

Just a thought - have you tried pressing the screen with one finger & then holding down the power button for 15 - 20 seconds? It's a different kind of reset that has worked for me.

Also have you left it plugged into a different outlet? Maybe it wasn't really being charged & battery was drained.

Sorry I don't have any info on repair costs. They couldn't give you a range when you called?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones