• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Intercept Semi-Brick *FIX*

So is your phone Semi-Bricked??? I Semi-Bricked my phone while trying to flash a Rom! When you Semi-Brick your phone means that you can still see the boot screen but it does not do anything or it bootloops! Also it could be Semi-Bricked if after it goes from the first boot screen it just starts vibrating on a black screen! After I finally fixed my bricked phone I ended up flashing the Inxane0301 (Or something like that) and it made it vibrate constantly! That is because that was for a Sprint Intercept! NOT VIRGIN MOBILE!!!

Here is how to unbrick!!

Method 1:
Enter Recovery Mode on your Intercept! And then you can either flash a new Rom or Kernel! Reboot and you are good to go! If that does not work you could try flashing back to stock!

Method 2:
Use the SWUpgrade tool and download the .tar file for the Rom and Kernel! I would also suggest downloading the system.tar file! You can find this on google!

***CAUTION***
IF YOU FLASH SOMETHING THAT IS FOR A SPRINT INTERCEPT ON A VM INTERCEPT YOU WILL RUIN THE BASEBAND AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE BASEBAND BACK!! AND ALSO IF YOU INSTALL SOMETHING FOR A VM INTERCEPT ON A SPRINT INTERCEPT! THE BASEBAND IS REQUIRED FOR 3G ACCESS AND WIFI! IT MAY ALSO TURN OFF YOUR GPS FOR GOOD! THIS WILL MAKE YOUR PHONE BE BRICKED FOR GOOD! YOU CANNOT NOT FIX THIS!

Feel free to leave any comments with questions! I will be GLAD to help you with them!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones