• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung mesmerize glitches

Ziphless

May 26, 2011
When loading apps from market that use your notification window, like weather temp or battery level, or even a clock widget....it tends to cause my phone to malfunction.Texts don't work properly, and it force closes applications upon opening.
I am on my "third" replacement phone because the techs thought it was my phone.I firmly believe it has to do with an app that uses the notification window that causes glitchy malfunctions. I remove my battery almost every day and do Not have a rooted phone. Anyone else have this problem?

Not every app in the Market is going to function flawlessly on every Android phone.

Its one unfortunate side effect of an open source platform with multiple manufacturers.

We might be able to help you more if you could be specific about what apps you are using, and what specific errors you are having that are associated with specific apps.

(i.e. when I use weatherbug and enable the temp icon in status bar, weatherbug FC's whenever I get an SMS...)

Reactions: Ziphless
Upvote 0
Ok...yes as a matter of fact weather bug is one of the apps, of which I turned off the notification temp. The other is "screen shot", which works, however it is activated through the notification bar. I deleted screen shot from my pfone and after a text message, I was turning off the phone and a screen shot was taken! I have it on my SD card. Now i think I need to clear out my phone to a fresh start for like the 8th time. The tech people at US Cellular have no answers for me, and phone tech people don't know either. I can actually teach them some things...(not said in an arrogant way)US Cellular has been awesome, again, this is my 3rd phone.
I just want answers and all I get is a new phone. I can't believe I am the only one having this problem.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY...please add any feed back.
Gerry

Upvote 0
As far as the WB notification, I don't know if that creates issues. I use WB, but I don't enable the status bar notifications. I use beautiful widgets with super clock and beautiful weather on my home screen, so that is always there.

The screen shot app is not necessary at all. You can take a screen shot with the phone by hitting the power button and volume down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones