• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Note 3 Androis OS Data Usage

MIKEYDH85

Lurker
Sep 28, 2014
Since having my Note 3 I've been having issues with high data usage. So I've been upgraded from 1gb to 5gb. Since the start of this cycle and data usage has been used mainly by Android OS, this has taken 130mb in 5 days so far. So by the end of this cycle it would have used about 2gb. Anyone else had issues with Android OS taking all there data. Ive tried disabling data roaming but that didnt work and tried a factory reset.

Since having my Note 3 I've been having issues with high data usage. So I've been upgraded from 1gb to 5gb. Since the start of this cycle and data usage has been used mainly by Android OS, this has taken 130mb in 5 days so far. So by the end of this cycle it would have used about 2gb. Anyone else had issues with Android OS taking all there data. Ive tried disabling data roaming but that didnt work and tried a factory reset.

Sounds like a rogue app to me. A lot of "Android OS" data is actually apps rather than the OS, even when stated as such. Try turning off sync (two seperated finger swipe down of the notification area sync is one of the tiles shown) and only turn on sync when your connected via Wi-Fi. Just for the day, to see if it makes any difference. Also go through any apps you may have installed one by one and disable them to check them individually. Do this after you've done the syncing check, not at the same time, your trying to find the cause.

My "Android OS" uses less than 2meg a day, this is with all syncing on, email set to come in when it received (6 different accounts), FB widget, G+ widget, BBC weather widget etc. etc. While I know most of these are not "Android OS", they are however all turned on. I should be burning data like crazy with the amount of browsing and streaming I do, but my total usage for everything is just under 7Gig this month out of a nice unlimited data package on 4G.

The more I think about it the more I'm sure you have a rogue app fooling the phone into displaying its data usage under "Android OS". Here is a screen shot of my "Android OS" usage since 6th September :

Upvote 0
Sounds like a rogue app to me. A lot of "Android OS" data is actually apps rather than the OS, even when stated as such. Try turning off sync (two seperated finger swipe down of the notification area sync is one of the tiles shown) and only turn on sync when your connected via Wi-Fi. Just for the day, to see if it makes any difference. Also go through any apps you may have installed one by one and disable them to check them individually. Do this after you've done the syncing check, not at the same time, your trying to find the cause.

My "Android OS" uses less than 2meg a day, this is with all syncing on, email set to come in when it received (6 different accounts), FB widget, G+ widget, BBC weather widget etc. etc. While I know most of these are not "Android OS", they are however all turned on. I should be burning data like crazy with the amount of browsing and streaming I do, but my total usage for everything is just under 7Gig this month out of a nice unlimited data package on 4G.

The more I think about it the more I'm sure you have a rogue app fooling the phone into displaying its data usage under "Android OS". Here is a screen shot of my "Android OS" usage since 6th September :

Turned wifi data usage on and android os has been barely used. Starting to think it's something to do with sim card

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones