• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Transform ultra All in one Root Mod Guide.

sorry guys i know you have gotten this same question a thousand times but for some reason its not sinking in with me ok here it is when i download tu_root on my sd card do i do it while the sd card is in the phone or do i unmount it put it in comp instal then place it back in phone? and one more thing its a question/statement do i make a copy of everything thats on my sd card as a back-up befor i start the wwhole process

Upvote 0
sorry guys i know you have gotten this same question a thousand times but for some reason its not sinking in with me ok here it is when i download tu_root on my sd card do i do it while the sd card is in the phone or do i unmount it put it in comp instal then place it back in phone? and one more thing its a question/statement do i make a copy of everything thats on my sd card as a back-up befor i start the wwhole process

Either way is fine, since the end result is the same: the tu_root_.zip is moved or copied to your SD card.

As for making a copy of your SD card contents, that's also up to you. Nothing in the rooting process is going to edit or delete the contents of your card without your express permission, but it's always good to have backup copies of your data, which is why a lot of people recommend it.

Upvote 0
Unable to download the stock Sprint ROM provided. Any ideas? The download link opens a new tab and takes me to the main domain of the website.

If you are already rooted and have cwm installed might i add the NEW cwm provided here New cwm, you can flash my stock sprint rom here Please note that this will take you back to complete stock, no root, no cwm. if you would like to have root and cwm follow this instructions on this thread

Upvote 0
I know this thread is as old as this phone, but it's what I've got. I've tried several times to root this phone. I once had it rooted by OneClickRoot when that still worked, but the last update borked that.
When I follow these directions, Odin links up fine, the script runs fine(?), and ends saying the root is successful. Well, it's obviously not successful or I wouldn't be posting.
One way I know it isn't is because bash can't find the command su. Also, Piratebox says my phone isn't rooted.
During the script run after selecting tu_root.zip, it says, E:can't find misc. WOuld this have anything to do with it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
I know this thread is as old as this phone, but it's what I've got. I've tried several times to root this phone. I once had it rooted by OneClickRoot when that still worked, but the last update borked that.
When I follow these directions, Odin links up fine, the script runs fine(?), and ends saying the root is successful. Well, it's obviously not successful or I wouldn't be posting.
One way I know it isn't is because bash can't find the command su. Also, Piratebox says my phone isn't rooted.
During the script run after selecting tu_root.zip, it says, E:can't find misc. WOuld this have anything to do with it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best way to do it is too go to my clockworkmod recovery thread and use the odin instructions to install that. Then use clockworkmod to make a backup of your stock rom. Then you can install any rom you want from the tu threads. weather it be a very modified one or just stock/rooted. Pm me if you need help. I'd be glad too.

Upvote 0
I want to install a custom ROM on my Boost Mobile Transform Ultra. Got it rooted, updated Clockworkmod is installed (the 2 minute reboot fix), busybox updated. I know the bootloader has to be unlocked so you can install a custom ROM. I see all sots of wonderful tutorials for root, CWM and other mods, but nothing on how to either unlock a bootloader or to tell whether or not it's already unlocked. I regretfully tried installing Megatron on a Sprint version of the phone and ended up bricking it. I believe because of the locked bootloader. Anyway, any idea on how I'd go about checking bootloader status and if need be, unlock the bootloader for a Samsung Transform Ultra (Boost Mobile)?

I preferably want Megatron, Clockworkmod or CTMod (incase that makes a difference as far as instructions go), but any custom ROM really will do. Any ideas?

PS: I tried checking 'bootloader' through a dial code, but all it gave me was a choice of using UART or USB (whatever that is and means) and su fails to update (downloading manifest fails).

Upvote 0
I want to install a custom ROM on my Boost Mobile Transform Ultra. Got it rooted, updated Clockworkmod is installed (the 2 minute reboot fix), busybox updated. I know the bootloader has to be unlocked so you can install a custom ROM. I see all sots of wonderful tutorials for root, CWM and other mods, but nothing on how to either unlock a bootloader or to tell whether or not it's already unlocked. I regretfully tried installing Megatron on a Sprint version of the phone and ended up bricking it. I believe because of the locked bootloader. Anyway, any idea on how I'd go about checking bootloader status and if need be, unlock the bootloader for a Samsung Transform Ultra (Boost Mobile)?

I preferably want Megatron, Clockworkmod or CTMod (incase that makes a difference as far as instructions go), but any custom ROM really will do. Any ideas?

PS: I tried checking 'bootloader' through a dial code, but all it gave me was a choice of using UART or USB (whatever that is and means) and su fails to update (downloading manifest fails).
The bootloader isn't locked. if you rooted and installed the right recovery then your phone shouldn't have gotten bricked trying to install Megatron.

Reactions: mavrikmeercat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones