• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SBF Flash Problem

i had to uninstall the drivers by going to the control panel, and uninstalling the motorola drivers in the program section.
then, i installed the correct drivers for my OS. i also had start greyed out, and renaming the sbf to dx.sbf made it work. i dont know why i needed to shorten the name, but it did the trick.

Upvote 0
Ok driver installed thanks to wife's phone

Error message is:

Failed flashing process: Phone [0000]: Not compatible with multi-interface super file

NOW WHAT??

Alright well I got 1 step further, I got it to start, but it immediatly fails saying

Failed Flashing process: phone connected

ideas?

make sureyour phone is in bootloader and you have rsd lite 4.7 with the patch here is a link if you want to try it,
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Reactions: chrlswltrs
Upvote 0
if you cant find anything that works, make a ubuntu bootable flash drive (instructions can be pretty easily found on google, but if you need help, i can help with that). restart your computer, and boot into linux using the flash drive, and follow these instructions (via rootzwiki)

1. Unzip the SBF and place VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf and sbf_flash in the downloads folder
2. Put the Droid X in bootloader and connect it via usb.
3. Open a terminal window.
4.Change your directory: CD Downloads
5. Then type: ./sbf_flash VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf
6. Wait and finish!

i did this, and it was super simple.

Reactions: chrlswltrs
Upvote 0
Just read this post and it started working.

Computer engineer here. Registered so I could post this and hopefully help a few of you guys out :cool:

I was running into the same problem, with Win7 x64, RSD Lite 4.6, latest drivers. Did some investigation into the error log and looks like I found a bug in their programming. Go into the directory you installed RSD Lite (for Win7 x64 the default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\RSD Lite\) and look for a file that starts with "FlashErrorLog". Open it, and if you see something like this:

Code:
Line: 865
ERROR: \\?\c:\SPRecovery_ESE81.sbfwt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones