• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SBF Won't work! Help!!!

MaPMaKaR

Jan 3, 2011
OK now I'm freaking out. No matter which .sbf I flash to my phone it does'nt work. The SW update goes ok but then when it's all done the phone won't work. It comes on and I can check alerts. I can see the clock on the alert bar but there's no home screen, no icons, no settings nothing...

Iv'e flashed the .340 and the .596 sbfs but the same thing happens. Right now my phone is a BRICK and it has been all afternoon I've been re-flashing and I can't get it to work.

Please Help!

When I flash to VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf
When it first boots I get "Sorry! The application Gmail(process com.google.android.gm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" -Force Close-

Then it's pretty much locke up from there...

Please Help!

OK now I'm freaking out. No matter which .sbf I flash to my phone it does'nt work. The SW update goes ok but then when it's all done the phone won't work. It comes on and I can check alerts. I can see the clock on the alert bar but there's no home screen, no icons, no settings nothing...

Iv'e flashed the .340 and the .596 sbfs but the same thing happens. Right now my phone is a BRICK and it has been all afternoon I've been re-flashing and I can't get it to work.

Please Help!

When I flash to VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf
When it first boots I get "Sorry! The application Gmail(process com.google.android.gm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" -Force Close-

Then it's pretty much locke up from there...

Please Help!

wipe cache/data from recovery(factory reset). when you SBF it doesn't clean the cache/data.

Reactions: MaPMaKaR
Upvote 0
I can only get to bootloader - every time I use RSD Lite 4.9 to sbf it boot up broken froyo or broken GingerBread - can't get to clockwork recovery options -

Do you think I bricked it for real.? :(

GB stock recovery is slightly different than Froyo.

Pull the batt
Install the batt
Hold power and home
when the phone starts to boot, release power
when the android and ! shows up release home
press both vol up and down(at the same time) to get into stock recovery.

Upvote 0
GB stock recovery is slightly different than Froyo.

Pull the batt
Install the batt
Hold power and home
when the phone starts to boot, release power
when the android and ! shows up release home
press both vol up and down(at the same time) to get into stock recovery.
OK that worked - wiped data and cache - phone reboots into factry reset OK - now works as advertised - !!! - Awesome!!! Thanks!!!

.562 GB is running OK now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones