1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Screen goes black when I type in my passcode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IdaBoy, Jun 25, 2016.

1. IdaBoy

IdaBoy Member
    None

Aug 27, 2015
    Male
    Monroe County Michigan
    I am really pi$$ed with my S5 because the one think I hate is when I get a voice mail, and I go to enter my password, as soon as I touch the screen it goes blank. I just threw the phone to the floor and as it rebooted I was able to go to voice mail, and then enter my password without the screen going dark.
    Is this a normal fix for the Samsung S5 to bounce it off the floor to fix this issue?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Um, not recommended by Samsung. ;)

Do you have a case or a screen protector on your phone? They can get in the way of the sensors and make the screen go dark at the most inconvenient times.

IdaBoy likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Frankly if you're having to use percussive maintenance to make it go, that could imply there's a hardware problem with the thing. Throwing it on the floor is NOT a good or lasting fix for an S5, or any phone or tablet for that matter.

Some people used to hit old tubed TVs to try and make them work properly.

IdaBoy likes this.
  4. IdaBoy

IdaBoy Member
    None

Aug 27, 2015
    Male
    Monroe County Michigan
    LOL, ya it was frustration that took over. Normally something I don't do.
    I do have a screen proctor on it. I am running a Tech Armor HD Crystal Clear protector for maximum clarity on it. I do have one extra so I could try and remove it but never used the phone without a screen protector on it.
    I also went into settings and deselected a setting for using a glove on the screen (can't remember the actually wording on it). Going to see if that helps...

Just a bummer because I love my S5 and downgraded from a S6 because of battery life in the S6.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.