• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen goes black when I type in my passcode

I am really pi$$ed with my S5 because the one think I hate is when I get a voice mail, and I go to enter my password, as soon as I touch the screen it goes blank. I just threw the phone to the floor and as it rebooted I was able to go to voice mail, and then enter my password without the screen going dark.
Is this a normal fix for the Samsung S5 to bounce it off the floor to fix this issue?

LOL, ya it was frustration that took over. Normally something I don't do.
I do have a screen proctor on it. I am running a Tech Armor HD Crystal Clear protector for maximum clarity on it. I do have one extra so I could try and remove it but never used the phone without a screen protector on it.
I also went into settings and deselected a setting for using a glove on the screen (can't remember the actually wording on it). Going to see if that helps...

Just a bummer because I love my S5 and downgraded from a S6 because of battery life in the S6.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones