• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen lock and call answer question

Hey so there is no possible way to get rid of that dumb slide? Half the time i try it doesnt slide all the way and i have to try again. Sometimes it takes me 3 attempts. I wish u could just press the home key twice like i did on the htc dream. Even rooted xperias still have slide unlock?

I've found a cool app
LockGo - Android app on AppBrain

But have not found a way to disable the default slide, as i have to do the default one then it goes to that one. if anyone can find a solution i will be forever grateful.

Upvote 0
It might sound a bit rudimentary but if you pause slightly at the top of the swype it seems to work better than just a casual flick upwards that sometimes leaves the arrow bit behind.

i see what you mean. helps a good amount. its kind of like.... 'im too darn busy for this, my life is too important to waste on this slide' lol

to summarize. its not that big of a deal wasting another 1 or 2 seconds lol

Upvote 0
I've had my Xperia X10 for about two weeks now and i've figured most things out however I have two things that I'd like more control over. Perhaps I'm missing a setup menu or maybe an app will address these two items. First, I have my screen set to go dark after 30 seconds in order to save battery live however as soon as the screen dims the lock sets so to wake up the phone I have to press a button and swipe the arc. Is there away to have the screen dim/dark without the autolock figure kicking in and the screen be reanimated by just a touch? Idealily I'd like to control when the lock comes on myself and have it separate from the screen dim time. Haven't found away to do this yet. Number two also concerns the lock. When I'm carrying the phone and a call comes in to answer I must again swipe the arc to answer. This is a two hand manouver. Is there any way to program the phone so that when the phone is locked a call can be answered by pressing one of the external buttons or by some other single touch means? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Thanks this app has worked perfectly!

Edit - It sought works... it only worked for me once, then when i do it again it stops? any fix for this?

Well you just have to do a cycle of enabled-disabled and it should work just fine

BUT i have to give a warning... since you have no more locks the phone will drain battery way faster since when you press any button it will wake the phone and do whatever it wants in your pocket. Luckly for me i had setup a password protection on hansent it tried to type random password to get in

Upvote 0
Hi guys - i would like something to remove the slider specifically for when answering calls. So just have a answer call button on the screen during an incoming call. I have tried No Lock, Lock2.0, Screen Suite and GoTo. I think widget locker is the answer but is only available for 2.1 and higher. any help please. thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones