• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screenwriting app?

I know this might be a little late but...

As of right now, there are still no Apps for Android. The one current "Screenplay" App is garbage. However, if you have an internet connection you can use one of the many online screenwriting programs like Plotbot or Five Sprockets. These are great, because instead of having to sync an app, it's all online, so you can quite simply just log on to the website from your desktop when you want to edit at home.

I use Plotbot on my Eee Pad Transformer, because it allows me to write on my tab as well as collaborate with other writers on my screenplay.

Upvote 0
@AdamZ5k

Hey Adam! A couple of weeks ago I tried using Plotbot with my Asus transformer but I found that the tab key doesn't fulfill it's purpose when editing the screenplay. Instead of it changing between slugline, action and dialogue, it sent me to the comment box below, bascially rendering plotbot completely useless. Did this ever happen to you and did you find a way to resolve the issue, maybe by using an alternative browser?
All the best,
Johannes

Upvote 0
Okay, so I found this one tonight. It actually looks interesting, but I haven't had a chance to test it out thoroughly.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.generalcoffee.fadeinmobile&feature=search_result

It has a desktop client and you can sync through Dropbox. There are some things that I want to check out as I'm more interested in the application than I am in the desktop client. It should be interesting to see if both are needed.

There is a free version to test it out and then a paid version. I'll report back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones