• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SD Card Won't Load in HBoot

On Christmas Eve I was gonna give myself the gift of a new ROM. I turned off my phone & put the SD card into a card reader hooked up to my laptop. I transferred the ROM to my SD card. Then put my SD card back in my phone and turned on HBoot.

I get the regular HBoot screen for a few seconds then another screen flashes about loading something from the SD but it goes by too fast to read.

Then no matter what category I pick in HBoot the screen will flash the very 1st HTC screen like a normal boot & then have fastboot selected when it flashes back to the HBoot menu. All my apps & stuff load fine from the SD in normal mode. But now I can't use HBoot to do anything. Is there a way to fix this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones