• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Shipping New Accessories

Will the Surface Case fit if I am using the extended battery? From what I understand the extended battery and case adds minimally to the thickness of the phone.

Thanks in advance!

I posted this in the cases thread and figured I'd post it here too...since you asked. :)

I have been able to get the seidio surface case to work with the extended battery!

Two things needed to be done for it to work.

1. Peel away and cut off a little of the felt backing inside the bottom portion of the seidio surface case.

2. On the standard battery cover (not the extended battery cover), snap off the two tabs on the bottom that snap the cover into place on the bottom of the phone. This will allow you to use the standard battery cover with the extended battery.

Now put the seidio surface case back on and you're good to go. Hope this helps some wanting to use the extended battery with a case. This method may work for other cases too. Post your results if you give it a try.

Upvote 0
I posted this in the cases thread and figured I'd post it here too...since you asked. :)

I have been able to get the seidio surface case to work with the extended battery!

Two things needed to be done for it to work.

1. Peel away and cut off a little of the felt backing inside the bottom portion of the seidio surface case.

2. On the standard battery cover (not the extended battery cover), snap off the two tabs on the bottom that snap the cover into place on the bottom of the phone. This will allow you to use the standard battery cover with the extended battery.

Now put the seidio surface case back on and you're good to go. Hope this helps some wanting to use the extended battery with a case. This method may work for other cases too. Post your results if you give it a try.

Thanks for the tip but I will say the standard battery back will fit without snapping off the tabs. I have both the case and clip coming in the mail. Well I think it is, CC has been charged and got the shipping email but now when I go to the site to check my order it says it doesn't exist...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip but I will say the standard battery back will fit without snapping off the tabs. I have both the case and clip coming in the mail. Well I think it is, CC has been charged and got the shipping email but now when I go to the site to check my order it says it doesn't exist...

on my phone using the tabs caused the battery door to bulge out and the seidio surface case wouldn't completely snap back together at the bottom. i tried it and posted my results in this thread.

the silicon cases might fit even with the extended battery back though. it adds very little to the thickness and the silicon cases can stretch more than the hard cases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones