• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Shipping New Accessories

Since you're taking requests, put me down as a definite customer for the Rugged + Surface combination you previously offered for other phones. I was told by email that you don't have plans for that currently, but I loved the combination with my Incredible. I take my phone to some rough areas (backpacking & hiking) and the Rugged case provided exceptional protection (dropped it a few times on hard granite and other rock).

Upvote 0
Since you're taking requests, put me down as a definite customer for the Rugged + Surface combination you previously offered for other phones. I was told by email that you don't have plans for that currently, but I loved the combination with my Incredible. I take my phone to some rough areas (backpacking & hiking) and the Rugged case provided exceptional protection (dropped it a few times on hard granite and other rock).

Thanks for your request! We are working on a CONVERT (formerly known as Rugged) but I don't have an ETA at this time!

Upvote 0
The SURFACE in Black is back in stock and the case adds about 1.5mm to your device.

We have a new blue available for the Galaxy Nexus. It will be available for the SURFACE and ACTIVE this week!

I've been told that we will be producing an extended case for the OEM battery, but we don't have an ETA yet. Thanks for all the requests!

Reactions: Droid Ninja
Upvote 0
I've been told that we will be producing an extended case for the OEM battery, but we don't have an ETA yet. Thanks for all the requests!

personally i think investing time and money into the extended case for the oem extended battery is a waste for seidio. most people can get the standard cases to work with the oem extended battery anyway.

it would be appreciated if seidio could use that time and money to develop a better dock than the one currently available for the nexus. thanks.

Upvote 0
personally i think investing time and money into the extended case for the oem extended battery is a waste for seidio. most people can get the standard cases to work with the oem extended battery anyway.

it would be appreciated if seidio could use that time and money to develop a better dock than the one currently available for the nexus. thanks.

Totally disagree. Using the current Surface with the extended battery causes too much tension.

My dream combination would be a Rugged combo that works with both the standard and extended batteries.

Reactions: NCTurner
Upvote 0
Totally disagree. Using the current Surface with the extended battery causes too much tension.

My dream combination would be a Rugged combo that works with both the standard and extended batteries.

Have you tried the extended battery with the standard battery door? Works for me and a few people have confirmed it works for them as well. In my situation I had to make a small change to get the surface case to fit. A few other standard cases fit with the extended battery too, there's a thread around here on that.

Upvote 0
Have you tried the extended battery with the standard battery door? Works for me and a few people have confirmed it works for them as well. In my situation I had to make a small change to get the surface case to fit. A few other standard cases fit with the extended battery too, there's a thread around here on that.

Haven't ordered the Surface yet because I'm waiting on a Surface/Rugged combo, but I've read where other phones have had their screen ruined when people have tried to shove an extended battery into a stock cover.

Upvote 0
I'll try to respond in one post to keep the thread cleaner!

Our ACTIVE cases without kickstands were released yesterday, but like our ACTIVE with kickstand cases, we don't recommend using the OEM extended battery with the ACTIVE's.

Whiskeyguy, you can always order the SURFACE now and the CONVERT Add-on Kit later.

We've been getting requests for a Spring-Clip Holster for non-cased devices, so I will pass yours along too!

We haven't determined if the battery will have NFC or not, but will pass your request along!

Upvote 0
I too would LOVE a Surface case that fits with the OEM extended battery.
I've owned Seidio cases for my last 3 phones and already ordered one for a G Nexus that I don't yet own. How's that for commitment??? ;)

I'll try and 'make it work' but I would also buy one that is designed for that battery if you release it. thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones