1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

'Service not activated on network' cannot send pics in MMS

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Alessandria Guthrie, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Alessandria Guthrie

Hi, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy A3. It is fairly new.

I tried to send a picture in MMS and it has shown an error message saying 'service not activated on network'. I tried lots of different APN settings which haven't worked. I have credit, and I tried rebooting my phone. Please help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Call your carrier, they can look at your phone over the network and figure out what is wrong.
    has to be a setting, as you suggested.

mikedt, Mikestony and kct1975 like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Usually there's only one APN setting which is correct for your carrier, and it is carrier specific. Occasionally might be different for monthly contract or pre-paid. As @AZgl1500 suggested, call your carrier, or you might find the correct APN details on their website.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

If you can't find the correct settings, let me know what network you're using and I'll post them up.

5. Alessandria Guthrie

Hi, I don't know what carrier my phone uses because I don't know what a carrier is. I can tell you I use 'Three' if that is the same thing. But my IMEI is **mod removed for security** if you can tell from that what carrier my phone uses.

#5 Alessandria Guthrie, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2016
  6. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

The carrier is with whom your device uses for calls etc. Such as Verizon, or Sprint, Boost, O2, etc etc. ;) "Three" is your carrier.
    I removed your IMEI number so that others cannot use it for nefarious reasons;)

7. Alessandria Guthrie

Thanks for that :) and I didn't realise. I'll see Three's website and see how I go from there.

Mikestony likes this.
  8. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

If you can't find the settings there you can find detailed instructions here.

Mikestony likes this.