• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SGalaxy S. Voodoo experts: warrantee issue and selling offer

snorre89

Lurker
Apr 20, 2011
Hi guys,

I posted a long tread where I was frustrated because after some rooting and unsuccesful/sloppy rooting and install of lagfixes it started vibrating a lot and some applications went "force close" :p I downloaded a lot of unnecessary apps because I was confused instead of just sticking with one method.

I after a post on this and another forum for help, decided to do the three button start-up ( I am sure there is a more fancy name for this feature) and encountered a massive amount of options, amongst them factory reset.

I did a factory reset; all my files (films music etc is still there), only apps and contacts affected. which was great and the phone is still super fast, like it was when I successfully installed voodoo a week ago with odin.

Now the settings "about phone" tells me this:

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
curio@carton # voodoo_stable_5.5

Q1. Is the phone still rooted now after the factory reset through 3 button start up?
Q2. Is the warrantee affected at this point?
Q3. If so, what could I do to make it appear completely "normal" again? Is it even possible?
Q4: It seems like the voodo lag fix is still on. Is that right?

See, I am considering to switch to optimus 2X, for excitement :). I bought the phone this mid-February and it looks absolutely new. I have used silicon skin and a screen protector. has no scratches etc. Except for the problems encountered mentioned, it has been working fine, and I am happy with it (ecspecially now with the lag fix! It is very fast.) Just seems that the 2X seems a little better.

If someone is interested in the phone, please tell me. It is bought in Norway, so if you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones