• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Share Calendar event via Gmail?

vwvapor

Oct 13, 2009
One of my co-workers with the HTC Incredible asked me a question that stumped me. I'm supposed to be the Android person in the office also!

She was trying to email a couple of her calendar events to her husband. In a calendar event, if you hit menu, then share vCalendar, you get the options of Bluetooth, Mail, or Message. The problem is that the Mail option is only the Mail app and not the Gmail app. Other than going into the event and adding the email address under Guests, is she (and anyone else that would want to do this) SOL?

I mentioned just sharing the entire calendar via google calendar cloud service, but he doesn't have a smartphone and that's not how she wants to share it.

Anyone have a clue?

An older topic, but I am seeing the same issue on my HTC EVO with 2.2. Wondering if anyone found a solution to this.

Edit: I found a solution/work around to this.

Edit the calendar entry, just long click on the event, then it will bring up view event,edit event, delete event, share vCalendar. Edit the event, the add the person.

Upvote 0
Edit: I found a solution/work around to this.

Edit the calendar entry, just long click on the event, then it will bring up view event,edit event, delete event, share vCalendar. Edit the event, the add the person.

I was unable to use this workaround on my HTC Evo 2.2 to forward a calendar event that I received from someone else. Only the "view" option was available. Aparrently, I do not have permissions to edit the event.

I think it is still a major oversight that the Share vCalendar option only supports ActiveSync/POP accounts and not google apps accounts. Shouldn't Android support Gmail before ActiveSync?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones