• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I give up my iPhone 4 for an Infuse 4G?

Grayson.

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
I have an iPhone 4 now that I like, I'm just tired of it and the OS. I want something more customizable. I have an upgrade every year, and I'm not sure if I should wait for the iPhone 5... I mean, I can always switch back to the iPhone when iOS 5 comes out. I'm just not completely sure. I want a bigger screen though, and a better screen.
The one thing I'm scared of is that, in the year that I have the android, I won't get good service or updates for the device because so many android devices come out. There's only two iPhones. Is this a stupid worry, or not and do you think it will get gingerbread and other updates? You see, the thing is, I want a balls out android device. I don't want something weak that in 6 months is discontinued, won't get support for and I'll have to live with it.

I like the bigger screen and design of this compared to the GS2... is it really worth waiting for?

Is it really worth using my upgrade over?

Thanks.

It has been announced. I have it on my twitter

What's your source? AFAIK it is only rumors, until Steve Jobs say it has this and that, I wouldn't believe it.

VS the iPhone 4, the GS2 wins all out. It is better and faster. The screen is better (IMO) they are kinda the same, but the GS2 is a lot crispier in terms of text.

It has a faster boot, browsers and general loading all together.

Upvote 0
I have an iPhone 4 now that I like, I'm just tired of it and the OS. I want something more customizable. I have an upgrade every year, and I'm not sure if I should wait for the iPhone 5...
Sort out your priorities. If you want something more customizable then why are you thinking of the IP5 as an option? What leads you to believe that Apple will introduce the customizability that you're wanting?

The one thing I'm scared of is that, in the year that I have the android, I won't get good service or updates for the device because so many android devices come out.
Then perform some due diligence and look into which OEM's and models get frequent updates and stick to those OEM's and models. Avoid the ones that don't update frequently.

I like the bigger screen and design of this compared to the GS2... is it really worth waiting for?
Is it really worth using my upgrade over?
Worth is always highly subjective, regardless of topic. We can't tell you if it's worth it to you or not. That's for you to determine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones